Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Hi ladies! This is my first post in this group, though I have lurked on occasion. I have decided that I really need to change some things. Most of what I want to change can be traced back to being unhappy with my weight. So, after catching an extremely disturbing, yet eye-opening glimpse of myself in the mirror (which I simply avoid on normal days), I have decided enough is enough. I want to be happy again. But I am not sure where to start. Start exercising daily? Start by modifying my diet daily? Do both at once?

How did you all start? Where are you in your weight loss journey? How long has it taken?

by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:00 AM
Replies (11-15):
emilyrosenj
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 4:03 PM

I started off by drinking water, and keeping track of what I ate.  Then I started modifications.  I started in September and the beginning of this month when I weighed myself I had lost 41 lbs.  I have weighed this month so I don't know how much I'm down now.

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:18 PM

I started with food.  I was already working on cleaning up my diet when I hot rock bottom, and then I got very strict about it.  I was already active, so I kept up with that, but I started getting more active (riding my bike to school, then added in running and 30 Day Shred) a few months later.  I started in spring 2010, and I hit my initial goal in August 2012 (109 lbs lost).  I have an ultimate goal, but I'm in nursing school right now, so we'll see what happens!  LOL

I have a few journals that might give you some ideas.  Click on them here:

What's working for me

Weight loss tips

Eating clean

Resources

Good luck!

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

LilrockerMama
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:46 PM
I started by going to the gym and working out, then I wanted to cut and change my eating because of how hard I was working out. It just made me more determined I guess. Now I love going to the gym. It makes my day so much better!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
garrettleesmom
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 12:47 AM
I started with lose it.com and walk away the lbs dvd. I like the app for controlling my food and calories i have really learned a lot about portion control. I am now down 19 lbs with 68 more to go.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)