Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What now?

Posted by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 12:13 PM
  • 3 Replies
After my 3 try I have finally made it past the 1st week of my C25K program ( I had very bad problems with shin splints the first 2 times), I'm actually going to be finishing up week 3 after work today. I've changed my eating habit- more fruits, veggies, and lean.meats- barely anything that is considered fast food. Its been 3 weeks and my weight doesn't seems to be going anywhere. I probably weigh myself more than I should, that being said, I had gotten down to 7lvs lost, then 2 days later I was right back where I started. I know getting back to a healthy weight isn't going to happen over night, bit I thought for sure I would see some kind of change by now...

Any tips for getting a jump start on weightloss? I feel so much healthier already and have so much more energy, but its hard to find motivation.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 12:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Hunnybadgerkins
by Kat on Jan. 24, 2013 at 12:54 PM
The trick is everything you're doing.... just don't weigh yourself for a few weeks. I know that sounds insane but you will be happier.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
simplyus642
by Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 1:24 PM

I weigh every two weeks. But if I don't loose anything on the scale I just tell myself it is my fat turning into muscle. lol. Even though I don't always see a difference on the scale I can see it well in my clothes and that helps motivate me a lot. I wake up asking myself what routine I want to do that day =).

Idntreallycare
by Silver Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 1:38 PM

Keep working at it. Have somebody in here do your BMR (they'll need age, weight, how often you exercise, and height). That way you can see if you're eating enough

Weight fluctuates. Somebody else in here said their's can change by as much as 8 pounds. But don't give up

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)