Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Should I workout?

Posted by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 1:24 PM
  • 21 Replies
I am sick with an ear infection. I slept in and I have some energy right now. Should even attempt a workout or just wait until I get better?

I feel like I need a workout for my sanity but I don't want to make myself worse. I did 30 minutes of Pilates yesterday and I worked out on Tuesday but I was too exhausted to really push myself.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 1:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
simplyus642
by Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 1:27 PM

I wouldn't but that's might just be me. I tried to workout the day after having the stomach bug. OMG.. never again. When I am sick I rest.puppy

Idntreallycare
by Silver Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 1:28 PM

do an easy workout.... (if you ask me if you should workout, the answer will almost always be yes)

caterpilar
by Silver Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 1:38 PM
If I had a stomach bug I wouldn't even consider it! I was sick for the entire month of December (flu, sinus infection and ear infection)and I am getting tired of waiting around until I feel better. :/

Quoting simplyus642:

I wouldn't but that's might just be me. I tried to workout the day after having the stomach bug. OMG.. never again. When I am sick I rest.puppy

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
caterpilar
by Silver Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 2:09 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm going to try the stationary bike. I don't think I'm well enough to go to the gym but I think I could make it through 30 minutes on the bike.

Quoting Idntreallycare:

do an easy workout.... (if you ask me if you should workout, the answer will almost always be yes)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hunnybadgerkins
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 2:10 PM
Is it messing with your balance? If not I would workout.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Hunnybadgerkins
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 2:11 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes!!! :)

Quoting caterpilar:

I'm going to try the stationary bike. I don't think I'm well enough to go to the gym but I think I could make it through 30 minutes on the bike.

Quoting Idntreallycare:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
momof3jam
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 2:13 PM
2 moms liked this

WORK OUT WOMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GET OFF YOUR BUTT AND LOSE THIS WEIGHT! NO EXCUSES!!!

(Motivational???)

caterpilar
by Silver Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 2:13 PM
1 mom liked this
No, it's causing pain in my ear, jaw and giving me a headache but it's not affecting my balance at all. I'm going to give it a go.

Quoting Hunnybadgerkins:

Is it messing with your balance? If not I would workout.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CorpCityGrl
by Bronze Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 2:14 PM

I would actually say, no.

I know many say you should go ahead and push through, but part of being sick and getting better is getting rest and when you work out you are actually re-directing your cells from getting better in order to sustain your work out.  I would wait a few days before really working out again.  If you are feeling antsy, then go for a walk but nothing strenuous at this point.  Your body NEEDS to rest in order to heal.

caterpilar
by Silver Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 2:16 PM
1 mom liked this
Lol! I'm going to do it. :)

Quoting momof3jam:

WORK OUT WOMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GET OFF YOUR BUTT AND LOSE THIS WEIGHT! NO EXCUSES!!!

(Motivational???)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN