Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

ARGH!!! It's that time and I'm CRAVING.........

Posted by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 5:45 PM
  • 24 Replies

Chocolate and ice cream and salty foods and everything I'm trying to have in moderation.  I swear I'm not falling off the band wagon, but my sweet tooth is going on a rampage and my brain is agreeing.  Any ideas?  I've tried letting a hershey kiss melt in my mouth.  I've put out a serving of whatever and putting away the package so out of sight, out of mind.  HELP!!!

Dana    
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 5:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ashleigh24
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 5:48 PM
OMG I'm right there with you!!! I always do really bad right before I start!! It sucks cuz I was doing soooo good last week. I'm not falling off though. I'll do better next week. I just give into some of my cravings :-) then try to walk a little longer on treadmill.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
clearlyme
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 6:11 PM
Happened to me last week and I bombed it. Back on track now!
3mom627
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 6:15 PM
1 mom liked this

Try not to give in. A couple of hershey's kisses won't hurt. That is if you can stop. Sometimes I find that if I start on goodies, I can't stop. Maybe buy some of those 100 calorie snack packs. That way, you can portion out what you crave.  I hope that helps a little.

3MOM627

have a nice day

Amber5151
by Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 6:38 PM
1 mom liked this
Nutella helps me with chocolate cravings. Frozen yogurt instead of ice cream. Indulge, just indulge in smarter options and not excessively is my point of view
lillucky8
by Bronze Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 6:39 PM
I find raisinettes help me with my chocolate need
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shamroc374
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 6:47 PM
Skinny cow products are great for cravings. My friends like the No Pudge Fudge products, but they aren't my faborite. The one thing my friends and I all love are the 100 calorie Vita Tops. My favorite is the chocolate chip ones. I usually find them in the freezer section with the frozen breakfast foods at the groceey store. http://www.vitalicious.com/store-vitatops.html
jendawn1
by Ruby Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 6:48 PM
I had to give up sugar cold turkey. It sucked. But now I don't crave any of it. Gl.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rian33
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 6:48 PM

I am so glad to see so many of you go through this too! I could eat a whole dense, moist chocolate cake with like half inch thick chocolate frosting all by myself right before I start!

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Jan. 24, 2013 at 7:02 PM

Quoting jendawn1:

I had to give up sugar cold turkey. It sucked. But now I don't crave any of it. Gl.

Same here....Two rounds of the 21 Day Sugar Detox did it for me. I don't regret it AT ALL.

Funny...once I dumped the sugars and grains, I didn't/don't have PMS anymore, either.  No bloating, no tenderness, no mood swings...nada.

OliviasMommy611
by Bronze Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 7:13 PM
Nutella isn't a smart option.

Quoting Amber5151:

Nutella helps me with chocolate cravings. Frozen yogurt instead of ice cream. Indulge, just indulge in smarter options and not excessively is my point of view
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)