Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

giving up!

Posted by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 6:30 PM
  • 27 Replies
2 moms liked this
When you notice you haven't worked out like you should, or have been slipping and eating more than you should, drinking sodas, just feeling like you aren't ”into it” as much and want to go back to your old habits, what do you do? What is your motivation? What kicks your butt back into shape?

For me it's watching a show like biggest loser or I used to be fat. Just like when I watch hoarders I seem to clean my entire house top to bottom, when I watch biggest loser or I used to be fat I start back on my path because I think ” if they can do those work outs so can I”
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 6:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jendawn1
by Ruby Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 6:50 PM
2 moms liked this
I come on here or MFP and seEing the motivational pics of everyone!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aprilsalcro
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 7:04 PM
1 mom liked this
Looking at my before pictures
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Jan. 24, 2013 at 7:05 PM

Just the fact that I don't feel good is enough motivation for me. 

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:25 PM

I love watching those shows for motivation.  I also consider why I'm doing this.  Today I REALLY wanted to eat after a stressful day, even though I wasn't hungry, and I reminded myself that my goals mean more to me than eating when I'm not hungry.

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

ihave1
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:45 PM

I've giving up b/c my trainer didnt show.  Hasnto send me my nutrion plan like she said she would.  I feel like she really isnt into training me.    Getting my ass on the treadmil in a few. 

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:02 PM
1 mom liked this

What a lame-ass!  I hope you haven't paid her!  If you have, I'd demand a refund.  Then I'd tell her shere to stick it.  =)

Quoting ihave1:

I've giving up b/c my trainer didnt show.  Hasnto send me my nutrion plan like she said she would.  I feel like she really isnt into training me.    Getting my ass on the treadmil in a few. 

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

ihave1
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:54 PM

Im sure we didnot pay her yet.  lol

Quoting musicpisces:

What a lame-ass!  I hope you haven't paid her!  If you have, I'd demand a refund.  Then I'd tell her shere to stick it.  =)

Quoting ihave1:

Xfitmom
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:57 PM

I look at old pictures of myself. I always carry my old driver's license behind my new one and remember that I don't ever want to be that heavy again. Motivational videos always help.

Hunnybadgerkins
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 6:57 AM
I think of the next race. All my friends in sports bras and booty shorts and how I would feel if I was out of shape.
Also watching Run fat boy, run does it fpr me lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
caterpilar
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 7:02 AM
I feel tired and sick all the time when I'm not eating healthy. That usually motivates me to start again. If not then taking a look at my before pictures usually kicks me back into gear.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)