Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health
Hello all.
My sweet pea is going to be one soon, and is needing to nurse less these days. While I intend to continue as long as she wants to, I'm comfortable beginning my weight loss journey now.

I have 50-60 pounds to lose, but I have an initial goal of 20.

What is the best way to get started? I want to join a gym and either weight watchers or curves, but I'm not sure which. Also, does anyone know about myfitnesspal?

Thanks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:10 PM
Replies (11-17):
mygirls2012
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 2:37 PM

Quoting edelweiss23:

I lost 115lbs and didn't set foot in a gym or diet.
I did a total lifestyle change.

Congrats to you and I am interested in hearing how you did it?? I am changing my eating habits and my families but how did you loose it and how long did it take?

edelweiss23
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 2:55 PM
I started eating very healthfully(low carbs, high fruits and veggies) limited sugar, stopped drinking soda(except for special occasions) and started walking. I ate smaller portions and drank only water.

Walking I could only do 5 mins to start I was so out of shape. So I started doing 5 mins, a few days later I did 6 mins and kept upping my time and distances. Then I started to power walk, the power walk turned into a slow shuffle which turned into a slow jog(where I am at now). I run 3-5 miles 6 days a week now(weather permitting). If the weather is bad, I use the elliptical, do free weight, sit-ups, push-ups and chase my 2 year old around!

It has taken me 2 years to lose 115lbs. I did it slowly so I wouldn't gain any of it back. So far I have held my weight for 6 months without gaining or losing.

I still have 70-80 left to lose, which I started working on last week!

Feel free to PM me if you like!!

Quoting mygirls2012:

Quoting edelweiss23:

I lost 115lbs and didn't set foot in a gym or diet.
I did a total lifestyle change.

Congrats to you and I am interested in hearing how you did it?? I am changing my eating habits and my families but how did you loose it and how long did it take?

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Hobbit
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 1:39 PM

I don't know if you're still looking at different diets/gyms.  (From the lack of new postings, I'm guessing probably not.  But I'm going to post anyway.)  I have been a member at my local Curves gym for over a year now and have noticed a lot of people don't really know what Curves has to offer.  They have a plan called Curves Complete, which includes diet, exercise, and personal coaching.  I've been on it for several months and have lost 50 lbs. and still going.  I think it's great because I've learned a lot about cooking and eating healthier and am significantly more motivated to workout than I used to be.  And I like that I have the accountability of knowing I'm going to meet with a certified coach every week to go over my week.  

Feel free to PM me if you want more information

mbev513
by on May. 8, 2013 at 9:19 PM

I joined weight watchers 4 months after giving birth. My daughter is now 6 months old and I am 3 pounds less than I was pre-baby. I've never felt this good in my life. I would recommend it to anyone. It is a lifestyle, not a fad diet. 

kbix82
by on May. 9, 2013 at 2:20 AM
I do WW online and planet fitness, for both its 40 a month
.3xBlessed.
by on May. 9, 2013 at 7:00 PM
Do you do online or classes? I belong to planet fitness.

Quoting mbev513:

I joined weight watchers 4 months after giving birth. My daughter is now 6 months old and I am 3 pounds less than I was pre-baby. I've never felt this good in my life. I would recommend it to anyone. It is a lifestyle, not a fad diet. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mbev513
by on May. 10, 2013 at 9:20 AM

I do it online. They've made it so easy you can download a barcode scanner on your phone to track your points. There's also an app for your phone  or ipad that allows you to easily track your points. You can also do it from a computer. I highly reccomend it. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN