Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

OMG I feel like I'm ganna die!!!

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 1:46 AM
  • 11 Replies
I posted the other day about counting calories etc and im doing pretty good but I just did a more intense cardio workout and lasted like 5 min! I feel like my chest is about to cave in. I felt like I couldn't breath like my chest was on fire! I have just recently started "working out" mainly just walking. I feel almost pathetic. I don't want to quite because I am determined to do this but I don't feel like walking is ganna be enough. Is it normal for my chest to feel like that! Is walking the best way to start out for someone who is extremely overweight? Is there other workouts that are good for beginners? I really want/need to lose weight but I'm afraid if I am miserable working out i will quite.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 1:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mrswilson10
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 2:02 AM

I would think if you are over weight and out of shape then you could feel horrible after that. I currently only count carbs...and do not work out...however my job requires a TON of walking and some heavy lifting. Good luck to you!

Silvertears1275
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 6:07 AM
1 mom liked this

Walking is fine!  Just add some strength training in with it.  Or stick with the intense cardio and add a few minutes each day.  It will get better.  =)  Most of all, you do what you enjoy, so you WILL do it.  Good luck!

LilrockerMama
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 6:10 AM
I know when I'm hurting, that I have made a difference and that helps me not quit. I get excited when I'm hurting now, lol and if you don't hurt you need to up something. Idk what your pain felt like but it's probably just from not being use to it. I start out with walking then running for awhile and then walking again and running again. Some think its good to have the rest intervals so since I'm just starting out anyways, that's what I do!

Don't give up!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jan. 25, 2013 at 6:19 AM

I agree here.

Quoting Silvertears1275:

Walking is fine!  Just add some strength training in with it.  Or stick with the intense cardio and add a few minutes each day.  It will get better.  =)  Most of all, you do what you enjoy, so you WILL do it.  Good luck!

mjgm1966
by Bronze Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 6:33 AM

Lol!  I'm just starting out with the exercising.  Last week, I walked 2 miles a day on the treadmill.  This week, my goal is 3 miles a day on the treadmill.  Next week, I hope to increase it a little more.  I'm not very athletic. But, I figure it has to pay off in the long run.  It may take a little longer--but you'll get there.

Thomasmom07
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:55 AM
I don't think it would be so bad if like my muscles hurt but my chest feeling like its on fire and I can't breath after less than 5 min sucks lol. I do pretty good walking 2 miles I'm not to the point where I can run yet but hopefully soon!

Quoting LilrockerMama:

I know when I'm hurting, that I have made a difference and that helps me not quit. I get excited when I'm hurting now, lol and if you don't hurt you need to up something. Idk what your pain felt like but it's probably just from not being use to it. I start out with walking then running for awhile and then walking again and running again. Some think its good to have the rest intervals so since I'm just starting out anyways, that's what I do!

Don't give up!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
emilyrosenj
by Bronze Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:16 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm very overweight as well.  When I started I couldn't do 5 minutes at all.  So I kept pushing until I could do the whole 5 minutes.  Just keep going you will get there... I'm now doing anywhere from 20 minutes to 1 hr depending on what my workout is for the day.

mem82
by Bronze Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 2:19 PM

I would maybe work on chair exercises after doing the walking. Work your arms, lift you legs, etc. As you build a bit of muscle, it will help you burn fat more quickly and add to your endurance. I would also deep breathing exercises for a while to condition your lungs. It's harder than it looks! lol

emilyrosenj
by Bronze Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 2:20 PM
1 mom liked this

Great idea!!  During my longer workouts I still have to sit at times but I keep moving!

Quoting mem82:

I would maybe work on chair exercises after doing the walking. Work your arms, lift you legs, etc. As you build a bit of muscle, it will help you burn fat more quickly and add to your endurance. I would also deep breathing exercises for a while to condition your lungs. It's harder than it looks! lol

Margaret

roxysmommy
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 4:40 PM
1 mom liked this

There are plenty of people that lose a lot of weight with no more cardio than walking. Add some strength training and just take it slow and enjoy what you're doing.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)