Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Over tired.

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 6:47 AM
  • 7 Replies

I usually do spin classed 5 mornings a week and then I added some kick boxing 2 to 3 days a week.  Lately I have been so tired that I haven't had the energy to make it through the day without napping and then going to bed by 9pm.  I also haven't made it work out much because I am so tired that I can't get up in the mornings.  Anyone have any advice on why I could be this tired?  Also has this happened to anyone else?

by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 6:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
story0702
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 7:04 AM
Coming down with the flu maybe? I usually get that way when I'm getting sick or my period .
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
nlonnon
by Tasha on Jan. 25, 2013 at 7:27 AM
1 mom liked this
I usually get that tired right before my period but bounce back within a day or so. Other than that anytime I was that tired I was pregnant.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
caterpilar
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 7:45 AM
1 mom liked this
There are a lot of things that could be happening. You could be getting sick, you could be too low on calories, you could be dehydrated, you could be pregnant or you could be over doing it with the exercise and you need more rest days. When I get tired like that it is usually because I am eating too few calories or I'm not getting enough fat.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jen2150
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 8:29 AM

It happened to me the first year I started taking karate.  I would come home and collapse on my bed fully dressed.  It could be your workout.  Make sure you are drinking, eating enough, and going to bed early.  After a while my body got stronger and used to it.  My sparring class wears me out like nothing else can.  

CorpCityGrl
by Bronze Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:30 AM

It could be a number of things. 

* You could be getting sick.  If so, this is your body's way of telling you slow down and rest in order to recuperate.

* Many women get like this before their period.

* Are you eating enough calories and/or fat in your diet?  Remember that your body needs both for energy.

* Are you staying sufficiently hydrated?

* Maybe you are over-doing your workouts?

* Also, are you getting enough iron in your diet?  When you are low in iron, one of the signs of anemia is lethargy or tiredness.

MrsJoe125
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 7:27 PM

two reasons I have been unable to make it through the day without a nap:

1. more working out than sleep (not enough sleep or poor quality sleep or getting woke up too much)

2. pregnant.

MamaKarrot
by Karen on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:20 PM

I get like that when I'm about to get sick.  Hopefully you aren't coming down with something also. :(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)