Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Does 10 pounds make that big of a difference?

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:42 AM
  • 26 Replies

I'm 5'2" and 11.5 pounds away from my original goal weight of 135. I'm starting to rethink it. Will those last 11.5 pounds make that big of a difference? I'm thinking maybe I should change it to 125. I don't want to look sickly that's for sure, but I don't know if I'll be happy at 135 or if I will even see any kind of change with my body.

by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Nicki1995
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:45 AM
1 mom liked this

Just set the 11.5 pounds as your goal and if you end up wanting to lose more, set another. Just take it one step at a time =)

haileys_mommy06
by Jenn on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:48 AM
1 mom liked this

That's what I was thinking. I just hope I can see a difference once I get there.

Quoting Nicki1995:

Just set the 11.5 pounds as your goal and if you end up wanting to lose more, set another. Just take it one step at a time =)

jendawn1
by Ruby Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:05 AM
Exactly!

Quoting Nicki1995:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
caterpilar
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:10 AM
This is what I was going to say. Ten pounds can make a huge difference when you are shorter and lighter. I looked completely different at 140 than I did at 150.

Quoting Nicki1995:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaJessx3
by Gold Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:10 AM
I agree :)

Quoting Nicki1995:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Hunnybadgerkins
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:31 AM
Agreed :)

Quoting Nicki1995:

aprilsalcro
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:54 AM

agree with everyone else. You decide when you get there

miller060905
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:23 AM
It very well could make a difference!!! It really just depends on your body, how tall you are, how and where you tend to store extra weight. Ect....

For example, I'm just over 5'6" and tend to put the bigger half of my weight in my butt and thighs but do put the rest of it evenly throughout my body. You can tell when I lose / gain 10 lbs but its not really noticeable. I have one friend that is about an inch shorter than me and literally ALL her weight gain goes to her mid section.... 10 lbs makes a huge difference on her. Then I have another friend that is the same height as I Am and I swear her weight gain/loss is totally even throughout her whole body, she can put on or take of 20 lbs and NOBODY can tell, including her! It's insane!

Is just stick with your original goal and see how you feel when you get there! :)
mommadana
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:26 AM

If you think 125 is too low for your body type, then maybe only lose the last 5.  Muscle does weigh more than fat and it's a healthy weight for your height.

roxysmommy
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:45 AM

I'm 5'2" as well and currently between 138-140. I carry a lot of muscle on a small frame and 11 lbs would make a big difference on my body, but it may not on yours. I'd set your goal to 135 lbs and when you get there see how you feel.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)