Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Does 10 pounds make that big of a difference?

I'm 5'2" and 11.5 pounds away from my original goal weight of 135. I'm starting to rethink it. Will those last 11.5 pounds make that big of a difference? I'm thinking maybe I should change it to 125. I don't want to look sickly that's for sure, but I don't know if I'll be happy at 135 or if I will even see any kind of change with my body.

by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:42 AM
Replies (21-26):
musicpisces
by Suzanne on Jan. 26, 2013 at 3:04 AM

10 lbs makes a big difference as you're close to your goal.  Nothing says goals are hard and fast- I've already changed mine at least once.  Do what feels right to you!  =)

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

wahmx3
by Shelley on Jan. 26, 2013 at 9:49 AM

There are so many factors as others have pointed out, I am only 5'4" and 10 pounds isn't really that noticeable on me. However, if you are exercising and including strength training, you can make your body look better without losing the last 10 pounds. Toning up is just as good as 10 pounds.

Patty24momof5
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 11:14 AM

MY OP ON THIS IS..THE WEIGHT SHOULDNT MATTER ITS THE MUSCLE TONE.IF SOMEONE LOSES 50 LBS BY JUST DIETING N( NO EXERCISE- MEANING USING WEIGHTS) THEY HAVE NO MUSCLE TONE THEY DONT LOOK GOOD NAKED ANYWAY OR IF THEY JUST MINIMALLY EXERCISE... YOU GOTTA LOOK GOOD NAKED,THATS THE POINT LOL! AND WE ALL HAVE DIFFERENT OPINIONS ON WHAT LOOKS GOOD MINE DOESNT MEAN SKINNY IT MEANS NOT ROLLY POLLY AND HAVE MUSCLE.

Danyell9301
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 11:24 AM

For us height challenged people, we have to see how we feel at whatever weight we are. Take one step at a time, day by day. If you are retinking a goal weight its ok. We all do. 

I am told 10 pounds make a big different, but it really depends on your body and the way you look at it. 

:)

ms-superwoman
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 11:28 AM

10lbs does make a big difference! Get to your first goal and if you are not happy, revise it.

DissieDothe
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 12:03 PM

Quoting haileys_mommy06:

I'm 5'2" and 11.5 pounds away from my original goal weight of 135. I'm starting to rethink it. Will those last 11.5 pounds make that big of a difference? I'm thinking maybe I should change it to 125. I don't want to look sickly that's for sure, but I don't know if I'll be happy at 135 or if I will even see any kind of change with my body.

When you have been dieting, and closing in on your goal, you may feel an emotional bond with your journey. I do anyways. It can be a real cliff hanger if you don't have a maintenance plan in place. That's my true journey & lifetime reward ... keeping the weight off.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN