Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Eggs Beaters

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:01 AM
  • 10 Replies

Hello i bought some eggs beaters because they are better for me then regular  egg and i love them. I cook some eggs beater a few day ago i put some cheese in it to give it some taster. But it steel did not taste as good regular egg anyone have any ideal to get them to taste good to eat.

Thanks

by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
eema.gray
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:03 AM
3 moms liked this

Real eggs.  I know you think the EB's are better but really, they're not.  Your body needs the cholesterol and other good stuff in real eggs.  Generally, if something doesn't taste right, it's not right for you.  :-)

roxysmommy
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:04 AM
1 mom liked this
I agree with pp, real eggs are best.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
emilyrosenj
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:11 AM

I use real eggs as well.  I got the egg beaters thinking they were better and realized they are mostly chemicals.  I use one whole egg and two or three egg whites in my omelets.  Load it up with chopped veggies too.

piglet91
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:15 AM

Yes i know the doctor told me that my cholesterol  is very high the only thing that eat a lot of is eggs.

Thanks

Quoting eema.gray:

Real eggs.  I know you think the EB's are better but really, they're not.  Your body needs the cholesterol and other good stuff in real eggs.  Generally, if something doesn't taste right, it's not right for you.  :-)

eema.gray
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:20 AM
4 moms liked this

Dietary cholesterol has virtually no impact on serum cholesterol.  What DOES drive up cholesterol is sugar, and food that rapidly converts to glucose, such as pasta and bread.  I don't understand all the bio chemical mechanisms but the basic format is that glucose requires insulin to deal with it.  Excess insulin drives up a host of other factors, including over production of cholesterol.  You'll see more effort for cutting sweeteners and processed carbohydrates (anything made with flour) than trying to cut dietary cholesterol, which your body NEEDS for cell function, a good hormone system, and other things too.

Quoting piglet91:

Yes i know the doctor told me that my cholesterol  is very high the only thing that eat a lot of is eggs.

Thanks

Quoting eema.gray:

"I am only one, but I am still one; I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything I will not refuse to do the something that I can do." ~~ Edward Everett Hale 1822-1909
piglet91
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:37 AM

it must be the bread then i love my bread i gave up a lot i don't eat pasta that much just onetime a week but my i have all the time. i guess i have give that up too.  thanks

Quoting piglet91:

Thanks

Quoting eema.gray:

Tonya_Lynn84
by Bronze Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:53 AM
2 moms liked this

http://www.thehealthyhomeeconomist.com/egg-beaters-food-for-fools/

This is what happens to rats that eat egg beaters!
Photo: This is what happens to rats that eat egg beaters! Just eat the whole egg! Just eat real food!
http://www.thehealthyhomeeconomist.com/egg-beaters-food-for-fools/

Hunnybadgerkins
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 2:59 PM
This

Quoting eema.gray:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
musicpisces
by Suzanne on Jan. 26, 2013 at 3:10 AM

I agree about the real eggs.  The good stuff is in the yolks!

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jan. 26, 2013 at 5:51 AM

Yep, these ladies are right.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)