Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

This to eat?

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 8:52 PM
  • 18 Replies
1 mom liked this

Cabbage, broccoli, and cauliflower fried in extra Virgin olive oil (I know fried isn't the healthiest, but it's good) with grilled chicken. 

Healthy?

by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 8:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
norahsmommy
by Bronze Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 8:55 PM
I think so! I do low carb, moderate/high fat, moderate protein. I eat things very similar to this often! I've never mixed those veggies together though, normally I do kale and cauliflower together with onion and bell peppers. Nom nom.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
eema.gray
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 8:56 PM
Yup. But I eat a lot of healthy fats, more than most people do. :-) I would have used coconut oil but that's the only thing I would do different.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Danapopcorn
by Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:36 PM

I'm doing low carb too :) I know a few other vegetables have fewer carbs than broccoli, but its just broccoli so I'm not too worried about it.

Quoting norahsmommy:

I think so! I do low carb, moderate/high fat, moderate protein. I eat things very similar to this often! I've never mixed those veggies together though, normally I do kale and cauliflower together with onion and bell peppers. Nom nom.

norahsmommy
by Bronze Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:38 PM
Remember to count your net carbs, not total carbs. Dietary fiber in veggies is a carb but is not digested so it does not count as a carb.

Quoting Danapopcorn:

I'm doing low carb too :) I know a few other vegetables have fewer carbs than broccoli, but its just broccoli so I'm not too worried about it.

Quoting norahsmommy:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Danapopcorn
by Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:41 PM

Net carbs are carbs + sugar- fiber right?

have you tried the Atkins frozen dinners? They are super good, especially the Alfredo kind. I usually cook, but I keep those in the freezer for days I don't feel like it.

Quoting norahsmommy:

Remember to count your net carbs, not total carbs. Dietary fiber in veggies is a carb but is not digested so it does not count as a carb.

Quoting Danapopcorn:

Quoting norahsmommy:

Danapopcorn
by Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:46 PM

Also, do u have any other meal ideas since our plans are very similar :)

Quoting norahsmommy:

Quoting Danapopcorn:

Quoting norahsmommy:

norahsmommy
by Bronze Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:48 PM
No frozen dinners. I am steering clear of processed foods. Net carbs to me are just total carbs - fiber. Perhaps I am wrong, someone correct me if I am. For example yesterday I topped out at 53 total carbs. And I had 8 grams of fiber. So really I got 45 grams of carbs for the day.

Quoting Danapopcorn:

Net carbs are carbs + sugar- fiber right?

have you tried the Atkins frozen dinners? They are super good, especially the Alfredo kind. I usually cook, but I keep those in the freezer for days I don't feel like it.

Quoting norahsmommy:

Quoting Danapopcorn:

Quoting norahsmommy:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
norahsmommy
by Bronze Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:54 PM
I google primal/ low carb when I want new recipes. Marks daily apple has a ton of good ones. Most of the time I just wing it. I love cooking a chicken with lots of yummy herbs as butter and pan frying some veggies like kale, onions, mushrooms, peppers and eating them together with drizzles of oil on top. You can use finely chopped cauliflower as 'rice' in fried rice recipes. You can use crushed pork rinds ( I don't think they are primal) as 'breading' to make chicken nuggets and other breaded items. You can also make crackers by pulsing some almonds in a food processor and mixing it with shredded cheese and baking on a parchment paper covered baking sheet until it gets crispy.

Quoting Danapopcorn:

Quoting norahsmommy:

Quoting Danapopcorn:

Quoting norahsmommy:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Danapopcorn
by Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:04 PM

Thank you! I'd never thought of the rice idea, I'm certainly going to try that. How long have you been doing the low carb? Has it been working for you? I'm trying to cut out all of the frozen processed things as well. Is peanut butter processed lol? I love it on apples. 

Quoting norahsmommy:

I google primal/ low carb when I want new recipes. Marks daily apple has a ton of good ones. Most of the time I just wing it. I love cooking a chicken with lots of yummy herbs as butter and pan frying some veggies like kale, onions, mushrooms, peppers and eating them together with drizzles of oil on top. You can use finely chopped cauliflower as 'rice' in fried rice recipes. You can use crushed pork rinds ( I don't think they are primal) as 'breading' to make chicken nuggets and other breaded items. You can also make crackers by pulsing some almonds in a food processor and mixing it with shredded cheese and baking on a parchment paper covered baking sheet until it gets crispy.

Quoting Danapopcorn:

Quoting norahsmommy:

Quoting Danapopcorn:

Quoting norahsmommy:

Xfitmom
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:04 PM

Fried...NO.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)