Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do you do when you're not feeling motivated?

Posted by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 4:22 AM
  • 12 Replies

How do you get the motivation back during these moments?

by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 4:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mjgm1966
by Bronze Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 5:27 AM

Well.. . . . . I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror while getting dressed! :>)   lol  That was incentive for Me!   Maybe set a small goal for yourself and work towards that. 

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jan. 26, 2013 at 5:50 AM
1 mom liked this

I think back to where I used to be...physically and fitness related.  I think about how far I've come and how much I want to reach my goals...you can do this mama!

Hunnybadgerkins
by Kat on Jan. 26, 2013 at 7:13 AM
I just get up and do it. Nothing is more effective then putting one foot in front of the other
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Lesgerm
by Leslie on Jan. 26, 2013 at 8:03 AM
1 mom liked this
This. Sometimes you just have to force it. These days I have the opposite problem...not knowing when to STOP working out :/

Quoting Hunnybadgerkins:

I just get up and do it. Nothing is more effective then putting one foot in front of the other
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Silvertears1275
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 8:33 AM

Keeping up with the changes I see and feel helps keep me going.  Even the little things.  When I'm feeling lazy, I just remember how awful I used to feel and it usually gets me off my butt.

mcginnisc
by Claire on Jan. 26, 2013 at 8:37 AM

Quoting Hunnybadgerkins:

Exactly! Also, this is when it counts this most! 

Claire

Moderator: Healthy Weight Loss & Adoptive Moms

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

Join theAdoptive Moms group

emilyrosenj
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 8:41 AM

I agree, I always feel better afterwards!

Quoting Hunnybadgerkins:

Margaret

crabbyD
by Diana on Jan. 26, 2013 at 8:52 AM
I also agree!

It's become a MUST in my life. Trust me sometimes I'm extremely exhausted and just don't wanna and I pout the entire time while putting on my workout clothes and getting ready, but the moment I start my routine I forget about everything and wanna push harder hoping to beat the last calories burned or trying to completed my entire workout without stopping in between.

Quoting Hunnybadgerkins:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
charlotsomtimes
by Gold Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 9:44 AM

Do it anyway...

parkersmama08
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 11:18 AM
I look at my before pictures and think about how my kids almost lost their mommy. Never again will I chance that happening over something I can prevent (obesity and health issues related to being overweight).
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)