Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Don't have time to work out

Posted by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 10:53 AM
  • 25 Replies

I'm a working mom to a 4.5 year old and married and my mother in law lives with us. I work full time with a20 mile commute one way. It takes an hour to get my daughter to eat dinner. I go to bed at 9:30 and have housework/cooking to do. How can I find time to work out???????

by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 10:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ms-superwoman
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 11:02 AM

Can you list activities through out a normal day, including times?

MamaJessx3
by Gold Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 11:08 AM
2 moms liked this
Nobody doesn't have time to workout. If you REALLY want it, you'll make it happen. Find ways to work things into your everyday routine. Take the extra time out of your day for YOU! Excuses are just that....excuses. Make the decision for yourself to stop making excuses and make something happen. There are plenty of ladies in here that are just as busy if not more and still work out. I have four kids ages 7 and under, husband works crazy hours, I've been taking college courses, and all that other stuff u named (cooking, cleaning etc) and of late I've been back and forth between the hospital and home visiting my dad who has leukemia. But I still workout 5-6 days a week for an hour at a time. That's my me time and I make sure I have that time for me. Get up an hour early or stay up an hour late. You can do it!! Just tell yourself you can and make it happen. :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mommysince2010
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 11:12 AM
1 mom liked this

On your commute you can flex different muscles of your body. I do this as much as I can and it works. Move around extra when you are doing your daily chores. Pick your feet up (do high knees). Jump. It may seem silly doing that, but it's a workout lol. 

MamaJessx3
by Gold Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 11:17 AM
9 moms liked this

Great quote for this topic!
cherylmoore
by Cheryl on Jan. 26, 2013 at 11:20 AM
Put on a zumba video while your child is in the tub. All you need is 20 minutes
crabbyD
by Diana on Jan. 26, 2013 at 11:22 AM
1 mom liked this
I understand how you feel... I work fulltime have 2 older boys in a gazillion activities and a busy toddler... Honestly I work out after 8:30 pm... Sometimes I find myself working out at 9:30pm!! I will say that I go to sleep late because of everything I do... Plus I wake up early to go to work... I'm exhausted but feel great knowing I worked out. It also helps that I workout at home using DVDs and whatnot.

The key is sticking to a schedule, planning your meals and activities AND having your family help around the house! I'm no one's maid and the older my boys get the more they help.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
musicpisces
by Suzanne on Jan. 26, 2013 at 11:24 AM
1 mom liked this

I agree, if you're serious enough, you'll find a way to fit it in.  I'm gone 12 hours a day 5 days a week in nursing school, and spend my weekends studying, but I still get it in.  I have gotten up at 4AM to fit it in, done a 15 minute run in between classes, done strength at home, DVDs at home, and I take advantage of the times I have for longer workouts.  I did 12 minute runs during a 30 minute lunch when I was working.

I have no time for the knee pain I used to have, the lack of energy I used to have, or the health problems that were just starting to develop (and were sure to worsen with a family history like mine).  Now my son is active as well.

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

Idntreallycare
by Silver Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 11:28 AM
Where there's a will, there's a way
NoLyp
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 11:40 AM

Don't get discouraged! I just started working out again, I feel great. Start small,. Set a goal, don't make a huge impossible goal (like working out 2 hours a day)  You're bound to fail if your goals are to high.I started with getting up 15 min early, I stretched then did a 10 min workout on YouTube. I gradually increased my time by 5 minutes every week. I take weekends off :)  Expect delay and interuptions, so just go with the flow. Good luck!!!

roxysmommy
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 11:41 AM

If you want it bad enough you'll find the time to do it. I homeschool my daughter and have a 1.5 year old, my day is insane, but I get the time in. It might not be all at once, but 10 minutes here and there throughout the day adds up!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)