Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Too much for lunch?

Posted by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 2:40 PM
  • 6 Replies

I don't usually eat lunch so, I'm still figuring out portions and stuff. I'm having cheese, and apple, a pickle, and low sodium ham. 

by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 2:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
eema.gray
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 2:50 PM
1 mom liked this

There is a TON of salt in that meal!  Between the ham, cheese, and pickles, I'd be willing to bet you're at or pretty close to recommended daily limits on salt. 

I would skip the deli meat and have some pieces of leftover meat from a previous meal - slices off a beef roast or chicken breast, for example.

mcginnisc
by Claire on Jan. 26, 2013 at 3:15 PM

I agree with eema.gray. 

Ditch the deli meat, cut the cheese by at least half, ditch the pickles, and sub raw veggies with hummus and maybe grilled chicken, or another protein..

You look to be doing better at eating though! Just keep in mind that sodium is not your friend and is present in everything-especially the deli meat, cheese and pickles. Sodium is by far the hardest for most people as it is in everything. 

Claire

Moderator: Healthy Weight Loss & Adoptive Moms

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

Join theAdoptive Moms group

MamaJessx3
by Gold Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 3:15 PM
I agree

Quoting eema.gray:

There is a TON of salt in that meal!  Between the ham, cheese, and pickles, I'd be willing to bet you're at or pretty close to recommended daily limits on salt. 

I would skip the deli meat and have some pieces of leftover meat from a previous meal - slices off a beef roast or chicken breast, for example.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Danapopcorn
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 3:23 PM

Thanks :) I am trying. I switched out the pickles to cucumbers and changed the meat to peanut butter for protein. I'll have some things like grilled chicken premade for the future. Can I change the cheese to plain unflavored yogurt with some honey?

Quoting mcginnisc:

I agree with eema.gray. 

Ditch the deli meat, cut the cheese by at least half, ditch the pickles, and sub raw veggies with hummus and maybe grilled chicken, or another protein..

You look to be doing better at eating though! Just keep in mind that sodium is not your friend and is present in everything-especially the deli meat, cheese and pickles. Sodium is by far the hardest for most people as it is in everything. 

mcginnisc
by Claire on Jan. 26, 2013 at 3:24 PM

Quoting Danapopcorn:

Thanks :) I am trying. I switched out the pickles to cucumbers and changed the meat to peanut butter for protein. I'll have some things like grilled chicken premade for the future. Can I change the cheese to plain unflavored yogurt with some honey?

Quoting mcginnisc:

I agree with eema.gray. 

Absolutely! Those choices cut your sodium, increased your calories and healthy fats! Good job! 

Claire

Moderator: Healthy Weight Loss & Adoptive Moms

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

Join theAdoptive Moms group

wahmx3
by Shelley on Jan. 26, 2013 at 7:52 PM

Totally agree on the sodium and healthy fats are definitely good! It doesn't seem like enough calories unless you add snacks both in the morning and afternoon though. You need to enough to properly fuel your body....your brain, muscles, heart and lungs all need to function.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN