Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Went out walking and was informed that I am a..........

Posted by   + Show Post

It amazes me how rude people can be.  I went out walking in my neighborhood today, which I want to start doing regularly for exercise.  I really enjoyed the walk, was feeling great, then I get back home and as I am walking back into my yard some people from down the street drive by and yell "fat a**" out the car window at me.  I know I am not skinny by any means, but good grief, I don't need random people from down the block to tell me.   Sometimes I just cannot believe how rude people can be, you would think that adults would have a bit more maturity and respect.  

by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 4:26 PM
Replies (11-20):
Refurbished
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 4:57 PM
4 moms liked this

They've got far more wrong with them than you do.  Don't let someone like that tear you down.  Hold your head up high and keep walking.  You don't need their approval or acceptance. 

Nicki1995
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 5:00 PM

Oh wow. Some people are just so immature. Dont worry about them. You keep doing good!

reneawesley
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 5:01 PM
1 mom liked this

People are jerks.

Mom2_Jimmy_Anka
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 5:11 PM
4 moms liked this

I would go egg their car. Ok, not really but I would want to egg it.

Silvertears1275
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 5:34 PM
1 mom liked this

That's awful!  Honestly, I don't think most people who would see you out walking would be so mean, in fact, they probably silently applaud your efforts.  It's just that jerks are louder, unfortunately.

abc799
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 6:07 PM
1 mom liked this

Thanks for all the kind comments!  I plan to continue walking, I am not going to let them stop me from it.  I really enjoyed it but it was just such a bad way to end my first time out.  Now I know what those neighbors are really like though, lol.

caterpilar
by Silver Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 6:30 PM
Wow! Some people are unbelievable! They are making themselves look bad not you. Keep up the good work, momma! Sorry you had to deal with that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hunnybadgerkins
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 7:07 PM
2 moms liked this
Im always thinking "right on!!" In my head when I see anyone doing anything healthy.

Quoting Silvertears1275:

That's awful!  Honestly, I don't think most people who would see you out walking would be so mean, in fact, they probably silently applaud your efforts.  It's just that jerks are louder, unfortunately.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mygirls2012
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 7:14 AM

I also agree with all the others, similar thing happened to me once and i did stop walking.. needless to say im still struggling but since ive moved i am now more positive with myself and decided im done with being heavy and yesterday my daughters and i went out for a mile walk and did great.. we are going to continue to do this no matter what.. keep your chin uphugs

qslaqhay
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 7:35 AM
it can be discouraging... i was yelled "cow" when i start running... But dont worry.. Buy a nice pair of headphones, load some good music and keep going...
Dont give up.. Dont let them win
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN