Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Is this a snack or a meal?

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 7:59 PM
  • 23 Replies

1/3 cup vanilla Greek yogurt mixed with a little vanilla extract and strawberries, blueberries, and black berries (probably a cups worth, I didn't measure.)

by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 7:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sleepymommy87
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 8:00 PM
It's a snack to me. A meal should be much more substantial than that.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Julia13
by Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 8:01 PM

1/3 cup pf yogurt only would be a snack to me :)

MrsJoe125
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 8:01 PM
For me, that'd be a meal. But I'd eat that much about 6 times a day.
For most, probably a snack and a meal would probably be larger or more calorie dense.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jendawn1
by Ruby Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 8:02 PM
I have that at breakfast but with toast or oatmeal to go with. So snack. Depends on your cals and when you eat it really.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jendawn1
by Ruby Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 8:03 PM
Vanilla extract that's a brillant idea. I never thought to use it in my greek yogurt. Thanks!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
musicpisces
by Suzanne on Jan. 27, 2013 at 8:09 PM
1 mom liked this

I'd say snack.

One suggestion- use plain Greek yogurt, and add your own flavor and sweetness to it.  You can cut sugar that way.  =)

I LOVE Greek yogurt and berries!!

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

PEEK05
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 8:10 PM

Snack

Danapopcorn
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 8:16 PM

I thought about that but this was my first time trying the vanilla extract thing so I wasn't sure if it would work. Now that I know it will, that's def how I'll be doing it from now on. Do you know how I can flavor it other ways? Like should I mush up strawberries for strawberry yogurt or do they make extracts for other things than vanilla and almond? Is there a healthier way to make chocolate yogurt?

Quoting musicpisces:

I'd say snack.

One suggestion- use plain Greek yogurt, and add your own flavor and sweetness to it.  You can cut sugar that way.  =)

Aamy
by Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 8:17 PM

Snack 

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Jan. 27, 2013 at 8:29 PM

I just throw in maple syrup and fresh fruit, usually.  I would imagine honey or maple syrup with some cocoa powder would be good for chocolate, or mashed fruit.  There are TONS of extracts out there (try Whole Foods), but I usually just do the syrup and fruit thing myself.  Then I add some Kashi Go Lean or another healthy cereal and ground flax, maybe some cinnamon.  That will make for a great breakfast!

Quoting Danapopcorn:

I thought about that but this was my first time trying the vanilla extract thing so I wasn't sure if it would work. Now that I know it will, that's def how I'll be doing it from now on. Do you know how I can flavor it other ways? Like should I mush up strawberries for strawberry yogurt or do they make extracts for other things than vanilla and almond? Is there a healthier way to make chocolate yogurt?

Quoting musicpisces:

I'd say snack.

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN