Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Amber's journey to a healthy life

Posted by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 8:49 AM
  • 2 Replies

Day 1:

height: 65.5 inches

weight: 272

Goal:150

I cried looking at that number. I never imagined myself getting that big. I keep thinking, "how did I let myself go that badly?" My fiancee loves me as I am, but I feel he is just enabling me to continue this weight gain. I don't want to die young, and I don't want to be the mom, my son is ashamed of. I am not saying I want to be model thin like I was as a teenager (at age 12-17 I was 106-110 lbs). I just want to be healthy. I wish I could lose 122 by December, but I would be happy to just get under 200lbs. By December 2014, I want to be 150 and keeping it off.

*The hard part*

I have already cut out pop. This is day #3 for me. I like not having pop in my diet. It is actually really a great feeling for me. I am not expecting to lose 100lbs from that alone, but it is a start in the right direction. I have to work out, but most of those routines make me more self concious because of all of the fat flopping around, BUT I did work out for 10 minutes before my asthma(another thing I am hoping will go away with the weight) kicked in.I am going to try walking around the house today and hopefully tomorrow I can go outside (I am not going out today because my son needs someone to watch him while I would be gone that hour so he isn't out in the rain too).

by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 8:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
artistmom27
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:13 PM

Day #3: 5lbs lost. I am so proud, yet scared. 5lbs in 2 days is alot. I am eating exactly what I am supposed to. I have been 5 days without pop, and working out a little less than I should... I know I am incredibly happy, and looking forward for the next 5 to come off. I am going to keep working my ass off.

artistmom27
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:58 AM

Day #5:

Weight: 264.8 lbs

The weight keeps pouring off. I am so excited that this is happening. I am sure that I can keep going. 6% is a sure start! I can only hope that things will keep up.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)