Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Margaret's Journey

Posted by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:03 PM
  • 25 Replies
1 mom liked this

My journey began September 19, 2012.  I prayed for God to help me. I needed to have the will power to get fit and eventually lose weight.  I was not focusing on weight loss but on eating healthy and building my stamina. I was around 417 lbs (based on my last weigh in at the dr.) but I really don't know what my exact weight was.  I was definitely over 400 lbs.

I started by drinking water making sure I had 8 glasses a day to start, then I gradually increased to half my weight. Next I incorporated more fruits and vegetables into our diets.  I took back my kitchen (My BIL did a lot of the cooking) and started preparing healthier meals. Weekly trips to the farmer's market and meal planning were parts of my weekly activities.   Slowly I started becoming more active (and I do mean slow!!). 

I had a few days of setback at Thanksgiving and went back to my old habits.  But I picked myself up and started over again.  I was ready when Christmas came and I introduced some healthier side as well as "healthifying" my old standbys. It worked! I maintained over the holiday even when I ended going away for a few days! 

I also steadily increased my activity and grew stronger and stronger.  Today I can actually exercise up to an hour with only brief rests!! Never did I dream I would be able to do that!

So here I am now 4 months later, down 52 lbs and still going strong.  I enjoy food now, in the proper portions and non processed for the most part.  My friend and I did a 21 day Daniel Fast during the month of January which helped me to grow spiritually and shrink physically.  We were allowed whole grains, all fruits, all vegetables. That means no meat, no sugar, no dairy and nothing processed.  It was not easy at first but completing the fast helped me to gain confidence and to find my joy. 

I didn't weigh for the 21 days of the fast and it was rewarding to see the number at the end.  I decided that I will commit to only weighing once a month but I will recognize and notice other changes in my body.  The scale will no longer rule me, but faith and proper care for my body will.    So that's the beginning of my story, I'm looking forward to new chapters!!  I'll post some pics of me now in a few minutes.

Margaret

by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
emilyrosenj
by Bronze Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:07 PM

Weight

Excuse the mess!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
emilyrosenj
by Bronze Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:08 PM

Weight

Back
emilyrosenj
by Bronze Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:09 PM

Weight

Side
calsmom62
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:30 PM
1 mom liked this
That's great!!!
fortheboys1218
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 12:21 AM
1 mom liked this

Sounds like you are on the right track,I am just at the begining of my journey and I have had a few slips in two weeks since I started , I did lose 7lbs in the first 6 days, but have gained back 2. If you dont mind I would be blessed to follow you on your journey, I know you will be a true inspiration ! God Bless, and I hope we see less of you in your next pics , as I hope the same for myself

jendawn1
by Ruby Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 1:00 AM
1 mom liked this
Great job so far! Keep on going strong!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
emilyrosenj
by Bronze Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 6:18 AM
THANKS! I'd be happy to walk this journey with you! We'll have a great celebration when we finish our journeys! It's a daily struggle to make the right choices but my faith has strengthened me!

Quoting fortheboys1218:

Sounds like you are on the right track,I am just at the begining of my journey and I have had a few slips in two weeks since I started , I did lose 7lbs in the first 6 days, but have gained back 2. If you dont mind I would be blessed to follow you on your journey, I know you will be a true inspiration ! God Bless, and I hope we see less of you in your next pics , as I hope the same for myself

emilyrosenj
by Bronze Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 3:48 PM

Today is pretty good so far, I have been feeling hungry all day but I'm not too concerned because I brought plenty of healthy snacks with me.  Dinner tonight is the Quinoa and black bean tacos that I made the other night and we loved so I'm making them again! 

AF is coming so I feel a tiny bit more tired than usual so maybe I'll hit the sack early tonight.  We'll see!

emilyrosenj
by Bronze Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 3:52 PM

My workout today was the Body Gospel Stretch in the Spirit and Leslie Sansone's Green Mile from ultimate 5 day workout.

emilyrosenj
by Bronze Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 10:34 AM

Last night was a challenge.  I felt like I couldn't get full.  I also had pizza for the first time since my fast.  I was well within my calorie limits and only a little over in fat but protein and everything else was OK.  I got really really sick!  Like vomiting sick which hasn't happened to me in a LONG time.  I really think it was the pizza although I was already not feeling well when I got home.  At any rate, I'm staying relatively clean for the next few days to let whatever it is work it's way through my system.  I had a berry smoothie for breakfast.  I meant to add spinach but I forgot.  I have a baked potato with black bean and quinoa topping  and a tiny bit of guyere cheese.  I also have a tomato and lettuce salad.  Then for dinner tonight, I'm not sure what we're having but it will be vegetarian for sure!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN