Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

soda.

Posted by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:11 PM
  • 14 Replies
I want one so badly.

I cant take it anymore!

But im craving water more then a soda
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Looneyfarmmom
by Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:14 PM

It took me two years to cut out soda and the weight went right off. I had a major addiction to it and once I stopped drinking it, it was AWFUL! It tasted so bad I spit it out. 

StrawberryCool
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:15 PM
I can quit cold turkey.

Feb 15-17 is gonna be hard.

Quoting Looneyfarmmom:

It took me two years to cut out soda and the weight went right off. I had a major addiction to it and once I stopped drinking it, it was AWFUL! It tasted so bad I spit it out. 

KeimUNCmomof3
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:17 PM

It's been 14 days and I have NOT had any soda.  

I did buy sparkling seltzer water and a fizzy drop from the Vitamin Shoppe that has electrolytes and vitamins and it tastes like a 7-up, lemon-lime flavor, very lite...no sugar!  So, it gives me the feeling I'm having a soda.  I had a huge addiction, was drinking 3-4 cans a day.

Looneyfarmmom
by Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:22 PM

LOL I had an honest to goodness soda addiction. I was drinking six a night at one point and had major cravings. Soda is so hard to quit because it is so readily available. Unlike alcohol when I had my addiction to that I could just leave my license at home or something and they wouldn't sell it to me. But then you go out and people offer you one, they are cheap, sometimes at parties they have them in coolers ready to drink, and so on and so froth. It was one of the hardest things for me to give up. 

Quoting StrawberryCool:

I can quit cold turkey.

Feb 15-17 is gonna be hard.

Quoting Looneyfarmmom:

lovebugs_mom906
by Bronze Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:27 PM
I'm a soda addict too. I caved a bought a 20oz bottle today, but only drank maybe 1/4 of it. I'm going to tell hubby to take it to work with him tomorrow so its out of the house.
calsmom62
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:46 PM
What about diet soda? I drink fresca a couple of times a week. Though I did recently buy a diet raspberry gingerale that was good. The pop I miss most is diet snapple clear root beer.
shesliketx
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:48 PM
I had a serious addiction too, to the point where I had to wean myself off of caffeine. I had a diet coke on Sunday and was so grossed out, I couldn't get enough water after that! Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LongBeachLiz
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:49 PM
I got a blood orange Italian soda today.

I don't like soda like coke. It just tastes so gross. I had medicine that made it taste like baking soda so it's a no go for me.
BelindaDuvessa
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:56 PM

I'm down to 1 can a day, which is pretty good considering 3 years ago I was drinking 2 litres a day.  I'm getting to the point, I think, where I might be able to just put them down.  Now I just have to make sure my husband stops buying them for me.

StrawberryCool
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 12:23 AM
Thats what my issue was.

I was going through two or more liters a day!

And its just not healthy.

Quoting BelindaDuvessa:

I'm down to 1 can a day, which is pretty good considering 3 years ago I was drinking 2 litres a day.  I'm getting to the point, I think, where I might be able to just put them down.  Now I just have to make sure my husband stops buying them for me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)