Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Irrational fear? Maybe

Posted by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 2:43 AM
  • 11 Replies
Ok, so I'm not going to lie, I'm worried that If I lose as much weight as im wanting(126lbs), my body is going to look weird! I know this sounds stupid but besides any loose skin I might have, I'm starting to notice with sliming down to where I'm at now, I have these 2 bulges a few inches under my breasts and I'm scared ill have my image of a perfect body for myself and these bulges are going to ruin that! I know I sound rediculous but I'm a forever worrier.
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 2:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BelindaDuvessa
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 3:10 AM

Bulges as in what?  Your rib cage?  That's normal.

big_red05
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 3:15 AM
2 moms liked this
If you lose weight slowly by doing weight training and eating clean the skin should firm up... But for many who lose weight too fast and don't follow the proper diet/exercise plan the skin stays stretched out
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:01 AM

I agree here...just take things one day at a time mama...hugs!

Quoting big_red05:

If you lose weight slowly by doing weight training and eating clean the skin should firm up... But for many who lose weight too fast and don't follow the proper diet/exercise plan the skin stays stretched out

jendawn1
by Ruby Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:29 AM
HUGS I have those bulges too. They will tone down with our weight loss. My fear is my legs won't loose the weight because I have a lot of muscle in them. Its irrational for sure but its a fear.
Let's take it one day at a time momma!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jendawn1
by Ruby Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:30 AM
If you check out my journal I have a pic of it. So I understand
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hunnybadgerkins
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:41 AM
Its not irrational, my stomach skin is fugly.
mommadana
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 10:26 AM

if you dont' already use lotion, you might try firming lotion as well as lotion that helps with collagen to help your skin bounce back in.  I also agree that if you lose too much weight, your skin doesn't bounce back as quickly as your fat burns off leaving extra skin.  Good luck! 

Dana    
caterpilar
by Silver Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 11:49 AM
I have some loose skin on my tummy, thighs and arms. Anyone that loses 100+ pounds is going to have at least a little. If it makes you feel better, it's not as bad as I thought it was going to be. I will never have a perfect body but it gets a teeny bit better every day.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
twyliatepeka
by Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 12:11 PM
1 mom liked this
I know my body is not going to be the way I see it in my head. I am ok with that. As long as I am not ever 275 again I am cool with whatever I get. I am so tired of being the fat mom. No one besides me & my hubby are going to see my belly (I know that is gonna be gross) & I am ok with keeping it covered. When I get to my goal weight I will have lost 100+ so the world can f off with how they think I should look. .
caterpilar
by Silver Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 12:44 PM

These are my before at 258+ pounds and after losing 116 pounds. You can see some loose skin on my thighs and obviously a bit more on my stomach.

Quoting caterpilar:

I have some loose skin on my tummy, thighs and arms. Anyone that loses 100+ pounds is going to have at least a little. If it makes you feel better, it's not as bad as I thought it was going to be. I will never have a perfect body but it gets a teeny bit better every day.

♥Pilar

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN