Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Dr. Oz today

Posted by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 3:16 PM
  • 12 Replies
Let me start off by saying I'm not a Dr.Oz fan and I don't take his advice about most, but today he's talking about the dangers of taking laxatives for weight loss. Anyone watching?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 3:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Silvertears1275
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 3:27 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't watch him, but I work in a clinic that does colonoscopies and have seen pictures of the inside of a colon that was dark, dark purple from overuse of laxatives. She could have had colon cancer and the doctor wouldn't have been able to see it....
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mommyintraining
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 3:32 PM

ugh!

Quoting Silvertears1275:

I don't watch him, but I work in a clinic that does colonoscopies and have seen pictures of the inside of a colon that was dark, dark purple from overuse of laxatives. She could have had colon cancer and the doctor wouldn't have been able to see it....

ZakTuffMavsMom
by Bronze Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 3:32 PM
The women said they hit a plateau and took the laxatives to get over it. When they saw results they upped how many they were taking to get more results. Very dangerous stuff

Quoting Silvertears1275:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KCisPaulsMom
by Bronze Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 3:53 PM

That is just so gross. I could never induce diarhea to lose weight.

Quoting ZakTuffMavsMom:

The women said they hit a plateau and took the laxatives to get over it. When they saw results they upped how many they were taking to get more results. Very dangerous stuff

Quoting Silvertears1275:

ZakTuffMavsMom
by Bronze Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 3:55 PM
Talk about being held captive in your house. The real danger is though, that it causes horrible damage

Quoting KCisPaulsMom:

That is just so gross. I could never induce diarhea to lose weight.

Quoting ZakTuffMavsMom:

Quoting Silvertears1275:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hunnybadgerkins
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 4:25 PM
I can't even imagine. I had a "friend" who was addicted to using them. She is a hot mess though.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
KaylaMillar
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 4:29 PM

i dont watch his show. It seems like he talks about the same thing all the time! 

3mom627
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 4:32 PM

I guess I will never be really skinny, because I can't make myself throw up or take laxatives. That is just disgusting.

3MOM627

have a nice day

Stefanie83
by Ruby Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 5:08 PM

Oh man that definitely sounds dangerous!  Hopefully the info on the show helps someone from doing themselves major harm!

johnny4ever
Having a great birthday!
Yesterday at 4:52 PM
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 6:05 PM

I felt so bad for that lady!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)