Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Newbie!

Posted by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 10:17 PM
  • 8 Replies

My name is Elena. My wedding is this August & I can not seem to lose any weight. No matter what diet I try or excersize I do. I can bust my booty at the gym and not shead a pound & all the while be eating healty too. I have an IUD in, can this be causing the weight staying on?

by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 10:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
reneawesley
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 11:39 PM
1 mom liked this
Welcome! I'm not sure it plays a role.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jendawn1
by Ruby Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 11:52 PM
1 mom liked this
Welcome
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jan. 30, 2013 at 5:45 AM

Welcome to the group!  How much weight do you want to lose?  What kinds of food are you eating?  What exercises do you do?  Those all play a big role.  

cherylmoore
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 6:53 AM
I have a mirena iud I don't think it affects my weight but I have pcos and that does affect it. I have heard people say birth control can make u gain weight, not just iud's. I think it just depends on each individual. Don't do A Diet. Change your eating habits. Here is what is working for me. NO soda or diet soda. NO aspartame. NO white bread, white pasta, white rice, or white potatoes. If you eat bread make it whole grain. Whole grain pasta. Brown rice. Sweet potatoes. Also make sure u drink enough water. Whatever you weigh in pounds, divide that number in half and that's how many ounces of water you should drink every day. Let one of the ladies here calculate your bmr and use my fitness pal to make sure you don't eat too much or too little. You can do this
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mcginnisc
by Claire on Jan. 30, 2013 at 7:14 AM
1 mom liked this

I have the same questions as Darby.. 

What do you eat? Everyone's version of healthy is different..if you post a day's worth of food for me, I'll take a look and see if there is anything that can be improved on...sometimes another set of eyes helps. How much do you eat? Do you track calories? 

How much water do you drink? 

How often do you workout? What kind of workouts are you doing and for how long? 

It could be as simple as upping calories or switching exercises around..if you answer those questions for me, I will try to help. 

Claire

Moderator: Healthy Weight Loss & Adoptive Moms

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

Join theAdoptive Moms group

Hunnybadgerkins
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 7:32 AM
1 mom liked this
Welcome :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ElenaDanielle
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 7:44 AM

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Welcome to the group!  How much weight do you want to lose?  What kinds of food are you eating?  What exercises do you do?  Those all play a big role.  

I weigh 215, I am 5' 3" and it is all in my front tummy and on my sides sitting on my hips. I would like to lose 80. I eat healthy. Whole grain bread, vegonase on it with turkey for lunch, never eat breakfast, and hardly touch dinner. I drink tons of water. I was on the HCG diet for awhile, am about to start weightwatchers 360 program. I use youtube excersizes. I can not afford a gym membership and with my son the only time I can do anything is at night when he is sleeping. 

ElenaDanielle
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 7:44 AM

Quoting cherylmoore:

I have a mirena iud I don't think it affects my weight but I have pcos and that does affect it. I have heard people say birth control can make u gain weight, not just iud's. I think it just depends on each individual. Don't do A Diet. Change your eating habits. Here is what is working for me. NO soda or diet soda. NO aspartame. NO white bread, white pasta, white rice, or white potatoes. If you eat bread make it whole grain. Whole grain pasta. Brown rice. Sweet potatoes. Also make sure u drink enough water. Whatever you weigh in pounds, divide that number in half and that's how many ounces of water you should drink every day. Let one of the ladies here calculate your bmr and use my fitness pal to make sure you don't eat too much or too little. You can do this

I have PCOS as well. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)