Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

New Year Weight Loss Challenge Day 28: The Finale!

Posted by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 8:24 AM
  • 182 Replies

Welcome to Day 28 of the New Year Weight Loss Challenge!

It is the last day of the New Year Weight Loss Challenge! High Fives all around! You did it!

We will continue to run challenges throughout the year, to support you in your weight loss journey so be on the lookout for those coming soon.

Today is all about reflection and celebrating successes!

How did you do with the New Year Weight Loss Challenge?
Did you learn or apply anything new from the daily activities/challenges?

How would you rate your progress from Day 1 to now (Day 28)?

Tell us about all your successes with the challenge, whether it is weight loss, inches lost, healthier eating, more energy, etc....

happy new year One member who signs up for our New Year Weight Loss Challenge and replies to 15 of the daily posts will be chosen to WIN a $25 gift card!

Click here to sign up:
Sign up for the New Year Weight Loss Challenge!! Win a $25 gift card and bonus prizes, too!

Join us in the  Healthy Weight Loss group

by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 8:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DollFace-23
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:12 AM
I learned many different healthy choices and exercises that I never tried
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TinaNicu
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:13 AM

I learned a little from this challenge. I have lost 7 lbs this month so far. I hope to lose a total of 25-30.

ms-superwoman
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:14 AM
i learned tons of things! Healthy choices, healthy eating. I haven't lost but I have not gained either. Still working at it!
mcginnisc
by Claire on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:14 AM
1 mom liked this

I wish I could say that I lost weight or inches, but I've been laid up for 2 weeks injured....so nothing exciting for me... I started out strong with my training since I'm getting my certifications, but being injured has really put a damper on everything as I'm chair bound until doctor released, which at the earliest will be next week. 

I enjoyed seeing the successes of our many new members! As an oldie in the group, it is always wonderful to see it click for new ladies and see the changes they are making in their lives and the lives of their families. 

Claire

Moderator: Healthy Weight Loss & Adoptive Moms

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

Join theAdoptive Moms group

MNitz
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:14 AM

I bookmarked the page with the workout videos and plan to look at them in the future.  I seem to get bored doing the same things.

I went on a mini vacay and haven't really gotten back into my routine yet  :(

According to my scale I did lose 5 pounds this month!

andrea96
by Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:15 AM
2 moms liked this

I have lost a few pounds, and I am definitely eating healthier.

delmobaby
by Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:15 AM
Not sure if i have lost yet i plan to check that monday morning. Its been hard to do much with five kids and all the rain we kept getting. On top of all that for the past month my father in law who has many medical problems such as kidney failure and altziemers (sp?) and this past month his mind is completely insane. He cant keep fact from dreams or even tv and apparently it all up to me to care for him the house and my kids. My husband will not even think of a nursing home he wont admit his dad needs much more help than we can provide. Anyway dont with the vent. Im hopefull tohave lost atleast an inch. And soon i plan to try healthier meals that the kids might enjoy as well.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Ruthzaad
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:15 AM
This challenge helped me a lot in keeping motivated. I lost two pant sizes this month and the exercise techniques helped big time. I still can't fit into my favorite dress.but at this rate Ivwill easily reach my goal by March. Thank you for the help on starting my New Year off right. :-)
qslaqhay
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:15 AM
2 moms liked this
NOOO :-( i dont want this to be over :'-(

i did apply pretty much everything here. But more than anything i really enjoy the motivation and encouragement this website and the challenge had offer.

i enjoy the recipes (specially the breakfast one)

I start my journey on loosing weight in october. I hit the 164 mark and thats when i said to myself i couldnt continue in to that path. i start jogging then i join MFP.

Thanks to the recipes here and other people post i start making food more enjoyble(sp?)

Im soooo gonna miss this healthy weight loss challenge every morning now

Thanks for the support
mommajenn4684
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:16 AM
2 moms liked this
I started halfway through this month and I have already learned how to swap out bad foods with good foods and portion control. I've lost 8 pounds so far!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN