Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

how do I stay motivated after hitting first goals?

Posted by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:28 AM
  • 14 Replies

I've lost a bit more then 1/4th of the pounds I wanted to lose. I did surpass both of my sizegoals which honestly suprized me.I've set another size goal which to me is kind of a ya right goal and another weight goal (to lose another 1/4 of the poundage) how do I stay motivated. Because honestly I'm happy to have made it this far and love how I look 95% of the time.

ETA--- went from a 2x to a M (I was hoping for a L so a M is just WOW) in shirts and bottoms. Went from a tight 18 to a loose 14 jeans. 16 was my first goal, 14 was my ya I bet goal.(was a 14 as a teen when I was healthy)my next goal is a 10 which is gonna be a ya freaking right one. I havn't been that small since being an annorxic drugged out teen 15years ago or so. Definitly not after 3 kids.

People are always like damn you look good. Expeshally when they see me with my kids and ask if I gave birth to them.I LOVE how I look 97% of the time. and omg I can feel my ribs without pressing, so can my SO. All my braclets and rings keep falling off too.

I started at about 250 (2 months ago), I'm 222 now(and hit a platue). Hoping to get to 150ish. I'm breastfeeding my 4month old so I can't diet, just exercize.

by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MamaNeeNee
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:33 AM
Set a smaller goal.. Maybe one more size and maybe just 5-10 lbs at a time. Also since you've reached your goals.. TREAT YOURSELF! Buy yourself something nice, a new shirt, eat a fun treat! :) be good to yourself :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mem82
by Bronze Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:36 AM
It's hard to say without knowing what your original goals were. Depending on your weight goal you could have lost 25lbs of 100 and I would say you still have some to lose and be healthy. If you lost 2. 5lbs of 10 and you're happy, I would say good job! Take a break. 8)
KCisPaulsMom
by Bronze Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 10:03 AM

I agree. I would have different pieces of advice, depending on whether or not you still have a lot to lose before reaching a healthy weight. If you are already at a healthy weight... I may just say.. you're done losing weight...but don't undo what you've done. 

Quoting mem82:

It's hard to say without knowing what your original goals were. Depending on your weight goal you could have lost 25lbs of 100 and I would say you still have some to lose and be healthy. If you lost 2. 5lbs of 10 and you're happy, I would say good job! Take a break. 8)

MaskedMomma
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 10:21 AM

edited for those details

Quoting mem82:

MaskedMomma
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 10:22 AM

edited for those details

Quoting KCisPaulsMom:

I agree. I would have different pieces of advice, depending on whether or not you still have a lot to lose before reaching a healthy weight. If you are already at a healthy weight... I may just say.. you're done losing weight...but don't undo what you've done. 

Quoting mem82:

emilyrosenj
by Bronze Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 10:29 AM
1 mom liked this

You can't diet but you can always eat healthy.  With that and continuing the exercise, you will drop the additional lbs.  Also watch how you talk to yourself.  Saying Ya right or ya freaking right is telling your mind that you don't think you can do it...

mem82
by Bronze Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 10:30 AM
I am glad you have made some awesome progress! Good job! Remember that weight loss shouldn't just be about looking good, it's about being healthy. Not many people can be truly healthy above 20lbs, at least not in the long run. I would keep going and now focus on improved diet. Congrats!
cherylmoore
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 10:30 AM
Wow u must b tall. I weigh 198.5 right now and wear an 18. At 210 I was wearing a 20 and it was tight
mem82
by Bronze Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 10:31 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting mem82:

I am glad you have made some awesome progress! Good job! Remember that weight loss shouldn't just be about looking good, it's about being healthy. Not many people can be truly healthy above 20lbs, at least not in the long run. I would keep going and now focus on improved diet. Congrats!
Dawn4175
by Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 10:48 AM
I had the same problem. I started at 280 and busting out of a size 22. My first goal was 50 lbs by my brother in laws wedding. I surpassed that and kinda fizzled out. I didn't gain any back, but didn't really lose any either. Then came a "biggest loser" challenge at work and that gave me some motivation. Now I'm down 70+ lbs and nearing the 200 mark, so that's giving me the kick I need to keep going. I guess I just needed to find my own motivation in order to keep pushing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN