Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

does this count as water consumption?

Posted by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 7:47 PM
  • 10 Replies
I get tired of the taste of water after about a glass. Does it count as my water consumption if I use crystal light in it?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 7:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MrsWhite101610
by Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 8:12 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Idntreallycare
by Silver Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 8:13 PM

I personally only count water as water.... not when I add any flavorings. Maybe try putting lemon wedges in it?

KelliansMom
by Bronze Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 8:14 PM
I don't know
Frozen fruit will flavor water with none of the additives that crystal lite adds
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Ladybugmama86
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 8:15 PM

I personally cannot drink crystal light or any fake sugar drink. But I usually put some fresh lemon or lime in it. My ob told me to dilute tea and drink it that way, not to the point that its nasty, but so that its not quite as strong but you still enjoy the taste. Or selzter or sparkling water.

I personally think that if you put sugar or sweetner or anything like that your defeating the purpose of drinking water. But that is just my opinion.

Lilypie Trying to Conceive 21 to 37 day cycle tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers
Looneyfarmmom
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 8:16 PM

If it contains sugar then no it doesn't count. No matter if it isn't real sugar it is still sugar. The best thing to do is drink the water even if you do not like the taste. Also using lemon in your water still makes it hard for your body to absorb the water. 

WandaSue
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 8:18 PM

i use it in my water as well

MamaJessx3
by Gold Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 8:46 PM
1 mom liked this
I only count water as water. I wouldn't add things like that to it, they aren't good for u. If you want flavor try lemons, limes or fruit
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MrsWhite101610
by Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:12 PM
I've tried lemons, and other fruit. Frozen and fresh. They just don't taste good to me. *sigh*
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lacilyn
by Bronze Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:21 PM
You get used to it. I was a sweet tea drinker for as long as I can remember. I just gradually starting drinking water....
Keep your head up! You'll eventually crave water and the sweet stuff, even crystal light, will be too sweet!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsWhite101610
by Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:32 PM
I used to make a gallon of sweet tea every couple days. Then switched to crystal light and I'm drink a gallon a day so I'm consuming more with less sugar but I wasn't sure if I could really count this as consuming more water.

Quoting lacilyn:

You get used to it. I was a sweet tea drinker for as long as I can remember. I just gradually starting drinking water....

Keep your head up! You'll eventually crave water and the sweet stuff, even crystal light, will be too sweet!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN