Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

almond milk/ soy milk vs regular milk

Posted by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 8:30 PM
  • 38 Replies

Which is better? 

I just switched to almond milk. Getting used to the taste, but from what I read its healthier for you, plus regular milk upsets my stomach, even though Im not lactose intolerant. 

What do you mommas think? Is it better for you? How long did it take you to adjust to the taste? What other kind of not milk milks do you drink?

military quote Pictures, Images and Photos

"Sometimes freedom makes it hard to live, when it takes things from you that you don't want to give"

by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 8:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lesgerm
by Leslie on Jan. 30, 2013 at 8:33 PM
Almond, hemp and coconut milk are the best.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
norahsmommy
by Bronze Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 8:33 PM
For a while there I thought almond milk was healthier than cows. But it is a processed food with many ingredients. I decided to steer clear because I avoid processed foods in the rest of my diet, why should a drink be any different?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
luvmymunchkins3
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 8:34 PM

we love almond milk here my kids drink it like crazy

kary1124
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 8:34 PM
i love almond milk! i liked it the first time i tried it.. i dont always buy it thou cuz its so pricey and my kids like milk more
KelliansMom
by Bronze Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 8:34 PM
My husband is allergic to almond so we don't get that and soy messes with my tummy. When I do have milk it's organic one % but it's not often
bekalynne440
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 8:37 PM
Almond milk is wonderful, but watch your brands. I've found some have as many calories as skim milk and others have less. Some also have more protein than others.
MrsJoe125
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 8:38 PM

Which is better is debatable and mostly depends on your criteria.  Almond milk doesn't have as much protein and other nutrients as soy milk.  Silk is entirely organic, so it's "better" in my opinion

Dh and I are accustomed to cow's milk b/c we're over 30, so we keep a carton or organic in the fridge.
The kids get silk vanilla soy (we used to get chocolate for one of our dds.
I like chocolate Silk soy milk.  The chocolate helped me adjust to the taste difference.
Right now, I'm having fruit salad for b-fast with some nuts; I like a little vanilla Silk over it (kind of like a dressing).

kayla4507
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 8:42 PM

Quoting bekalynne440:

Almond milk is wonderful, but watch your brands. I've found some have as many calories as skim milk and others have less. Some also have more protein than others.

I use Silk, Pure Almond.  It only has 60 a serving. I tried an offbrand soy that my store carries (it only cares that and the silk) and I didnt like it. My store only started carrying it in the last year. I was so excited lol

military quote Pictures, Images and Photos

"Sometimes freedom makes it hard to live, when it takes things from you that you don't want to give"

mhaney03
by Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:12 PM

I have tried both but the taste just.............. no.

Hunnybadgerkins
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:16 PM
Yeah!

Quoting Lesgerm:

Almond, hemp and coconut milk are the best.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN