• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My chunky butt needs help!!!!

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:59 AM
  • 4 Replies
I think I need a "weight loss buddy"!

I recently just had my second baby (2nd one in 2 years) and I need to get this weight off! Fast! I was just informed that my gestational diabetes will turn into Type 2 if I don't get a significant amount of weight off quickly. <--- This was the slap in the (chubby) face that I needed.

Does anyone use fitness pal or have any tricks/secrets that is safe and effective while still nursing??? Very important that its safe for breastfeeding ;)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
lucaslexie
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:02 AM
I'm in the same boat and I'm also breast feeding
Pinky5511
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:03 AM
If you use Fitness Pal and would like to be a supportive friend in this "journey" please add me :) my screen name is : tabor9114
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:18 AM
1 mom liked this
Welcome to the group! Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mcginnisc
by Claire on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:15 AM

Welcome to the group! 

Using a site such as MFP is great for tracking calories.. however, since you are BFing, I would suggest that you have one of us do your BMR for you so that we can add BFing and exercise so the numbers are correct. MFP tends to give lower numbers, which will not be accurate for BFing. We would need your age, height, weight and the number of days per week you are working out and a reminder that you are BFing. 

Also, fast is not necessarily a good thing... steady is better. Yes, you have a risk of Type 2 within 10 years of the first diagnosis of GD, but taking charge now will help you be healthy and minimize the risk. A healthy weight loss is 1-2 lbs per week. It could be more in the beginning due to water weight, but it can slow down after a few weeks to 1 lb per week. It will really depend on how much you have to lose. 

Eating cleanly ( no processed foods, lean proteins, tons of produce, whole grains and dairy if you choose), drinking half your weight in oz in water daily, doing cardio 3-4x per week, strength training 2-3x per week, as well as including core/flexibility work is going to get the weight off effectively and efficiently. 

Please don't hesitate to ask for help. We have a dietician in the group, as well as some Personal Trainers ( and me, as I am getting my Certifications this year). 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)