Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

sabotaged myself

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 6:52 AM
  • 3 Replies
I said I wanted to be under 200 before the end of January. Well I made it. Yesterday morning I was 198.5 well this morning I'm back up to 201.5. 3 pounds. I stayed under my calories yesterday and drank all my water and also did zumba. But..... my carbs and sodium were WAY up. I had Chinese for lunch. Chicken lo mein with WHITE rice. I also had a sloppy joe for dinner after Zumba. It was ground turkey and whole wheat bread but still too many carbs. I tried to justify by saying i have done so good I deserve a treat. But that was the wrong kind of reward. I don't know why I do this to myself. Everytime I start doing good and feeling good about myself something happens. People start noticing and commenting on how good I look. I am very much a wall flower and have never been comfortable with people looking at me or giving me attention. I always do something to deflect the attention. I need to stop this. I do NOT want to be fat anymore
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 6:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Hunnybadgerkins
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:16 AM
:( food shouldn't be a treat or a reward. Im tougher than a lot when it comes to food, its just a means to an end (energy). I love food, I just can't love it like that anymore.
At least you are able to outline the issues to fix them. That's usually very difficult. Good job on that.
littleleesmom
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:38 AM
Don't be quite so hard on yourself weight fluctuates day to day. It is more likely that you have a bit of swelling than that the extra carbs knocked you back over your goal today.
I will tell you that i agree that food is a bad reward treat yourself differently like instead of walking on a treadmill make time to go to a nice park to walk.
Silvertears1275
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:44 AM

Like you said, you had a lot of sodium, and I know I've seen the scale jump like that if I have too much sodium.  Don't be too hard on yourself.  You DID make it below 200 and you will be back there in no time.  =)  I am trying to break out of the "I've been so good, this won't hurt/I deserve this" mindset as well. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)