Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

motivation

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:06 AM
  • 6 Replies
Hello! I'm looking for extreme motivation, to help me lose my last 8lbs:) 5yrs ago I was 232lbs, over the years I have changed my eating habits, an exercise more..I was down to 135 last summer, but now iv gained a little, I don't challenge myself the same, as I did..but this week I have made it to the gym, but I'm kinda bored with my routine.. I bought a resistant band, I think it works, bc my butt hurts lol! But I know my body will never look the way I want it, bc I was so big an lost so much weight that now i have a lot of loose skin an stretch marks..so any suggestions how to tighten my skin back up? An how to b motivated with my work out?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Jld4
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:21 AM

Reaching out is the first step to regaining who you want to be! Proud of you! I do know that you need to make sure you are eating (also enough protein) and staying hydrated! I've heard sea salt scrubs are used to increase blood flow, but not really sure how accurate this one is. I was going to say add weights, but I think you said you are already doing that. On aside note, I'll ask my bro-in-law, he's a fantastic reasonable trainer. I know his will suck to hear....be patient! Oh, I love to look at pictures of where I've come from. This reminds me of where I don't want to go back to! Good luck!

triplet_2004
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:26 AM

Congratulations on your weight loss!!! How tall are you? My weight stats are similar to yours...I'm 232 now and need to get down to 145. Can you share how you did it? Pictures? I'd love to know how you got started the first time...that's the battle I'm facing now =( I've heard for loose skin it helps to lift weights and water is always key!! Hope to hear your story soon =)

savingtheworld
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:33 AM
1 mom liked this
Well thank u..I guess I started off with baby steps, never really knew the difference between good food an bad food..but it has taken many years, an a life style change..I'm from the south, so I love fried foods! But that was the first thing i took out of my diet, also colas..I guess that started about 8yrs ago.. I also have 3 kids, an it hasn't been to hard for them to adjust..iv learned if u don't buy it, u can't eat it! Iv been able to keep it completely off for the past 3 yrs..other than gaining 10lbs here an there..but iv learned the value of food, lean meats vegetables low fat cheese an low fat milk..an plenty of water.. an of coarse who don't like to go thru a drive thru? Or out to dinner... An who wants to order a salad! I still did those things, I wasn't much of an exercise person, but I like to walk, so I started doing that..but now I go to the gym.. I dont eat past 7pm.. an I usually consume about 1300-1700 calories a day..but I'm excited for u! An I know u can do it! An its completely amazing the confidence it gives u! Learn the value of food, ppl think they have to starve but that's so not true, I never deprived my self of any thing! Last year was the first time in 15yrs that I actually took my kids to a pool or a water park! It was my goal to put a bikini on!

Quoting triplet_2004:

Congratulations on your weight loss!!! How tall are you? My weight stats are similar to yours...I'm 232 now and need to get down to 145. Can you share how you did it? Pictures? I'd love to know how you got started the first time...that's the battle I'm facing now =( I've heard for loose skin it helps to lift weights and water is always key!! Hope to hear your story soon =)

savingtheworld
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:44 AM
Water, protein an a good coffee scrub!! I think I just lost motivation bc I got down to my goal weight, but I still couldn't hide the loose skin.. I bought a resistant band, an I'm really sore from it.. iv heard running can tighten loose skin in the stomach? I had a trainer an still nothing..so it would b great to find other ways of tightening my legs an stomach, an may b my butt:)

Quoting Jld4:

Reaching out is the first step to regaining who you want to be! Proud of you! I do know that you need to make sure you are eating (also enough protein) and staying hydrated! I've heard sea salt scrubs are used to increase blood flow, but not really sure how accurate this one is. I was going to say add weights, but I think you said you are already doing that. On aside note, I'll ask my bro-in-law, he's a fantastic reasonable trainer. I know his will suck to hear....be patient! Oh, I love to look at pictures of where I've come from. This reminds me of where I don't want to go back to! Good luck!

Delta.Dawn
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:48 AM

Awesome job!!

savingtheworld
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:12 PM
Wait what? Delta Who?

Quoting Delta.Dawn:

Awesome job!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)