• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am stuck! =/

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:01 AM
  • 20 Replies

I have lost a total of 6 lbs so far this month but I seem to be stuck between 172-173 and have been going on 2 weeks. I don't know if my cycle had anything to do with it. I still ate healthy and didn't give into my cravings but I haven't lost not one pound in 2 weeks and I am getting frustrated! I exercise 5-6 X a week. Should I stop exercising so much? Should I eat fewer calories? What do I need do in order to break through and lose? My goal is to lose 1-2 lbs/week but seems like it's not working well for me anymore. =/

Help?!

by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cherylmoore
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:26 AM
Are you eating enough calories? If not it may have finally caught up with you and you could be in starvation mode. Are you drinking enough water?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
angelbabies11
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:31 AM

Quoting cherylmoore:

Are you eating enough calories? If not it may have finally caught up with you and you could be in starvation mode. Are you drinking enough water?

Yes, I believe so. I am suppose to eat at least 1535 and I am drinking plenty of water.

Maybe I am building muscle? I am doing the 30 day shred, so maybe that could be it?

sophiesmom07
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:52 AM

Are too many calories coming from carbs? Are you drinking enough water? Try switching up your workouts or adding a strength portion to your workout using 3- 5lb weights. If you think you might be PMSing, that may be the reason.  I cannot lose weight during that time.  

caterpilar
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:57 AM
1 mom liked this
A good way to break through a plateau is to switch up your workout. Try something different, add more time or lift heavier weights. If you are eating excess salt, sugar or simple carbs that could be a reason why you aren't losing. I had to cut way down on grains(even whole grains) to continue to lose weight after a certain point. Good luck! I have been there many, many times before.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mcginnisc
by Claire on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:05 AM

Quoting angelbabies11:

Quoting cherylmoore:

Yes, I believe so. I am suppose to eat at least 1535 and I am drinking plenty of water.

Maybe I am building muscle? I am doing the 30 day shred, so maybe that could be it?

Do you know your BMR? How many are you eating? WHAT are you eating? Post a day's worth of food for me and I'll check it out..sometimes another set of eyes helps. 

I can do your BMR a well. I need your age, height, weight and the # of days per week you are working out as well as if you are BFing or not. 

It takes 12 weeks to build 2-4 lbs of lean muscle mass, so the odds of you building muscle are quite slim..sorry. 

You may need to add more exercise as the Shred is only a 22 minute DVD daily. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13 

angelbabies11
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:19 AM
I'm 5'5, 173, 26 yrs old. Not bfing and workout 5-6 days a week.

Here's what I typically eat:

Breakfast: Light yogurt and whole wheat toast
Oatmeal and whole wheat toast
Eggs and whole wheat toast and a banana

Lunch: Light progresso soup and turkey sandwhich with little bit of mayo and mustard on whole wheat bread

Turkey sandwhich with cottage cheese and a vegetable

Turkey dog on whole wheat bread with a vegetable and some fruit

Dinner: Whatever we have for dinner that night, I just watch my portions. Like one night we had vegetable beef soup and had a 1 1/2 cup without the meat. Another night we had spaghetti but I ate my noodles with only sauce and no meat. Tonight we're having baked chicken, rice, blackeyed peas and rolls.

Hope this helps. Thanks! :)

Quoting mcginnisc:

Quoting angelbabies11:

Quoting cherylmoore:

Do you know your BMR? How many are you eating? WHAT are you eating? Post a day's worth of food for me and I'll check it out..sometimes another set of eyes helps. 

I can do your BMR a well. I need your age, height, weight and the # of days per week you are working out as well as if you are BFing or not. 

It takes 12 weeks to build 2-4 lbs of lean muscle mass, so the odds of you building muscle are quite slim..sorry. 

You may need to add more exercise as the Shred is only a 22 minute DVD daily. 

angelbabies11
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:20 AM
Thanks for the tips. I'll try them out!

Quoting sophiesmom07:

Are too many calories coming from carbs? Are you drinking enough water? Try switching up your workouts or adding a strength portion to your workout using 3- 5lb weights. If you think you might be PMSing, that may be the reason.  I cannot lose weight during that time.  

angelbabies11
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:21 AM
1 mom liked this
Thanks for the great tips! You just might be right. Going to give it a try and see what happens. :)

Quoting caterpilar:

A good way to break through a plateau is to switch up your workout. Try something different, add more time or lift heavier weights. If you are eating excess salt, sugar or simple carbs that could be a reason why you aren't losing. I had to cut way down on grains(even whole grains) to continue to lose weight after a certain point. Good luck! I have been there many, many times before.
eema.gray
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:35 AM

I see a ton of carbs and not nearly enough protein.  Especially in your soup last night.  Why did you take the meat out of your portion?

caterpilar
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:44 AM
1 mom liked this
There is a ton of salt and bread in your diet and not enough veggies. Hot dogs, Iunch meat and canned soup have a ton of salt and preservatives. I would suggest eating your grains earlier in the day, adding more veggies and colorful fruit and cutting down on prepackaged foods. I bet you will see a huge difference in how you feel and you will start losing again. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)