Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Stupid hypothyroidism! ***Update***

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:18 AM
  • 9 Replies
Waiting on the Dr to call me back because I have a feeling that my thyroid hormone levels are off and I'm probably going to have them checked. I've been really tired and irritable lately, but thought that it could be due to having my first period after my mirena removal. But now, not only have I not lost any weight since Thanksgiving but I've gained back the 3 pounds I did lose! I'm trying to do this the right way without supplements, I go to the gym 4-5 times a week for at least an hour and watch what I eat using MFP. This is just very frustrating! Thanks for letting me vent, hopefully my Dr can help me get my weight loss on track.

**** My Dr just called and she said that it was actually time for me to have my blood work done and that it sounded like a needed a dosage adjustment. I've got an appointment for Tuesday!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
brysonsmommy_10
by Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:56 AM
Bump
nlonnon
by Tasha on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:00 AM

good luck, hope they can provide answers!

Silvertears1275
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:01 AM

If it's not your thyroid, it might help to have the ladies here calculate your BMR to make sure you're eating enough.  Sounds crazy, but if you don't eat enough, you will have a hard time losing!  Good luck =)

LivinBlessed
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:06 AM
I've been on synthroid for over 11 yrs, and I still have to have my levels checked and rechecked and tweak the dosage and feel like hell till they are normal again! I hope you are able to feel like yourself again soon!:)
brysonsmommy_10
by Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:29 AM
I've been on it for 5 years and whenever my levels are off these are all of the things that go wrong.

Quoting LivinBlessed:

I've been on synthroid for over 11 yrs, and I still have to have my levels checked and rechecked and tweak the dosage and feel like hell till they are normal again! I hope you are able to feel like yourself again soon!:)

brysonsmommy_10
by Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:37 AM
I actually had a lady on here help me figure out how many calories I should be eating. According to her I should be eating 1510-1800. I eat at least the 1510, but if I'm still feeling hungry I eat more. I'm pretty sure that my medication just needs to be adjusted, it's just frustrating that I've been working really hard and nothing is happening.

Quoting Silvertears1275:

If it's not your thyroid, it might help to have the ladies here calculate your BMR to make sure you're eating enough.  Sounds crazy, but if you don't eat enough, you will have a hard time losing!  Good luck =)

brysonsmommy_10
by Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:39 AM
Thanks.

Quoting nlonnon:

good luck, hope they can provide answers!

kary1124
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:29 PM

i hope they figure out whats going on! good luck

kiwimom74
by Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:43 PM

I don't know if this will help you but I find I feel better and my numbers are stable when I used brand synthroid instead of generic, it costs a little more but to me it is worth it.

sometimes I feel like I can exercise all I want and even when I am careful about what I eat I still don't lose very easily.  I get discouraged easily... I had some success with cutting gluten and dairy but my love for bread got hold of me LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)