Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Water aerobics- anyone do them?

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:36 PM
  • 9 Replies

I'm thinking of trying a water aerobics class tonight. Do they work? Do you like them? I'm kinda excited to try something different. 

by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
cherylmoore
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 5:19 PM
1 mom liked this
I did it when I was pregnant just to stay active and it was the only exercise my ob would let me do besides walking. To be honest I never really felt like I was burning a lot of calories but I liked that it was better than sitting on the couch
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
AjCeCeMom
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 5:29 PM
I actually really enjoy water aerobics, I used to do a water jogging class which was fantastic exercise!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ash522
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:56 PM

I just got back...oh my word! That was so much fun. We did tons of jogging, cross country skiing, & lots of work with weights. My arms are jello. I can't wait to go back again. I felt like I got a pretty good workout. 

Quoting AjCeCeMom:

I actually really enjoy water aerobics, I used to do a water jogging class which was fantastic exercise!

AjCeCeMom
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:28 PM
Did you wear the resistant band too? Make sure you stretch. My legs are so sore after water jogging sometimes.

Quoting ash522:

I just got back...oh my word! That was so much fun. We did tons of jogging, cross country skiing, & lots of work with weights. My arms are jello. I can't wait to go back again. I felt like I got a pretty good workout. 

Quoting AjCeCeMom:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
eema.gray
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:11 PM

Was it shallow or deep end?  The college I went to had deep water aerobics classes, you wore a floatation vest to stay above water.  Intense workout there.

Quoting ash522:

Quoting AjCeCeMom:

"I am only one, but I am still one; I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything I will not refuse to do the something that I can do." ~~ Edward Everett Hale 1822-1909
itsm3
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 7:58 AM

i used to do aquafit all the time... such an incredible low-impact yet high calorie burining and toning workout. 

ash522
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 8:08 AM

No resistance band, just weights. I didn't think I would be, but I am sore this morning! 

Quoting AjCeCeMom:

Did you wear the resistant band too? Make sure you stretch. My legs are so sore after water jogging sometimes.

Quoting ash522:

Quoting AjCeCeMom:

ash522
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 8:09 AM

It was just in the shallow end. Deep water sounds interesting, I bet that would be hard. 

Quoting eema.gray:

Was it shallow or deep end?  The college I went to had deep water aerobics classes, you wore a floatation vest to stay above water.  Intense workout there.

Quoting ash522:

Quoting AjCeCeMom:

SP_Mama
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 8:38 AM

My sister used to do it for her arthritis years ago, and I would join sometimes.  It was fun.  If there were a place around here and cheap enough, it would be something I'm interested in again, especially since I have horrible joint pain.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)