Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New Year/New Journal. Starting fresh/Starting Over!!! 2013

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:13 PM
  • 6 Replies

Started over this year since the end of 2012 was really bad - personal/family things happened.

Started January 1st
Start weight 163
Start Measurements: Hips - 40.5
                                Waist - 35.5
                                Bust - 39
                                R Leg - 24
                                L Leg - 24.5

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
MyGirlParadise
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:16 PM

Training for my very first 5K. It will be a Color Me Rad in March. Very excited about but also I have awful shin splints that I am trying to work through. 

BakinMom
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 3:50 PM
1 mom liked this
I was told that shin splints means your runners don't have enough support for you. Just a thought.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
musicpisces
by Suzanne on Feb. 11, 2013 at 5:36 PM
1 mom liked this

Do you tend to land on your heels when you run?  That can make a HUGE difference in shin splints.  Work toward a midfoot strike.  Also try shorter, quicker steps.  Overstriding can really hurt you.  When you overstride and heel strike, you put more impact on your joints and muscles with every step.  Heel striking causes you to lose momentum, like applying the brakes with every step.  I had HORRID shin splints for the longest time until I made these changes.

I would also make sure you get the right shoes for you.  I made the mistake recently of buying the wrong model, and it screwed me up for DAYS.  I went and replaced them right away!!

You can do this!  Good luck with your 5K!!

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

MyGirlParadise
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 10:08 PM

Awesome!!!  Both of these help so much. Thank You!!  I am going this week to get new shoes and I will work on my stride.

I have had to take a week off due to some health issues but now I am feeling better and should beable to get back to my workouts on Wednesday. :)  I haven't lost any weight in the past week but that is ok. I will be happy if I can just workout again. Get back on track with that it should help my mood which will help with losing weight.

MyGirlParadise
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 9:02 AM

New Shoes!!!! Yay!! 

A friend showed me some new stretches and they help with my shin splints.  I do a good 30 minute stretch before every workout.

MyGirlParadise
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 12:13 PM

I have been doing Zumba 4 days a week and running/walking 2 to 3 days a week. Doing pretty good in eating healthy and exercising but I haven't lost any weight.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)