• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

limited on exercise options

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:09 PM
  • 7 Replies
So basically I have plantar fasciiatis which causes foot pain. Which makes me limited on what I can do at the gym. Do u think I can still lose weight doing the stationary bike? I started out doing the treadmill and crossfit. The bike is the only thing that is low enough impact but I'm wondering if it will be effective enough to lose weight.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
mem82
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:03 PM
You justhhave to really hit it. What about the spinning classes?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
crabbyD
by Diana on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:18 PM
Have you tried buying a more supportive shoe?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
iluvmybabe
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:38 PM
1 mom liked this

i'm going to do that this weekend :) my podiatrist suggested new balance. i want to get back on that treadmill and run it out lol

Quoting crabbyD:

Have you tried buying a more supportive shoe?

iluvmybabe
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:40 PM

they dont have spinning classes at my gym. its kinda small :( i like it though. i just want to be able to use all the equipment.

Quoting mem82:

You justhhave to really hit it. What about the spinning classes?

sophiesmom07
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:56 PM

I have plantar fasciitis too. Stretch your foot throughout the day.  Also, make sure your sneakers have enough cushioning and are right for your foot.   I only use New Balanace. Get yourself insoles and wear them in all your shoes.  I'd say the bike is o.k, but keep stretching and go for walks if you can.  You can also try low impact cardio dvds.

iluvmybabe
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:53 PM
1 mom liked this

thanks for the tips. im really looking forward to getting some new, better shoes.

Quoting sophiesmom07:

I have plantar fasciitis too. Stretch your foot throughout the day.  Also, make sure your sneakers have enough cushioning and are right for your foot.   I only use New Balanace. Get yourself insoles and wear them in all your shoes.  I'd say the bike is o.k, but keep stretching and go for walks if you can.  You can also try low impact cardio dvds.

itsm3
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 7:57 AM

you can also swim and do acqufit (aerobics in th water).  this is an INCREDIBLE way to burn calores AND tone because the water provides natural resistence.  it's very low impact because the water gives natural buoyancy :)

to tone out of the water, use resistence bands.  you can sit and tone your entire body with bands.  google "resistence band exercises while sitting".  physio clinics use bands for accident victims who have limited mobility.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)