Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 Things

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:41 PM
  • 4 Replies

Subject #1: Sports Bras. Where do you go? Do you get your exact bra size or smaller? Best brands?

Subject #2: Gym or Elliptical? I am debating going/getting one or the other. Ideas? If I choose gym I'd be going to Planet Fitness. However, if I do the other I am lost! Plus I live in a double wide so I would want a light-weight space saver.

HELP! lol

by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
sophiesmom07
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:48 PM

All my sports bras are from Target. I think they are Champion and I just  get size small.

If I could , I would rather go to the gym, more options. This way you're not limited. You can do all the machines, plus weights and take classes.

Crissy2424
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:55 PM

I will have to check out Target, thank you. As for the options part....I don't have that much time to really workout at the gym. At least right now anyway...plus...why pay $99 for a year for years when I could just pay one price for the Elliptical? I have a cardio and a strength training DVD's. Plus the Wii. It's just I don't want to sink all that money into the gym....but the options thing sounds nice....I am just trying to avoid adding more bills :(

Quoting sophiesmom07:

All my sports bras are from Target. I think they are Champion and I just  get size small.

If I could , I would rather go to the gym, more options. This way you're not limited. You can do all the machines, plus weights and take classes.

MamaJessx3
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:33 PM
I have a large chest so I have to get a really good sports bra. I buy the moving comfort bras because they have the best support, but they're expensive! Like $60 a piece.

As far as choosing I would go with the gym so u aren't limited on your workouts. You need to mix it up and you can't with just an elliptical.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
itsm3
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 7:49 AM

1:  i buy my sport bras at winners because they are half the price.  i usually stick with Nike or Addidas.  i'm small chested so i buy size small.  check the tag for measurements... you want a bra where the support band fits snug around your chest

2.  that depends on what you want to do... the gym is good because you have all the equipment there but it's bad because (at least from my experience), there are a lot of douchebags there who love to socialize and ruin your workout mojo.  if you want to workout at home, you have to have some serious motivation to do it because your oh-so-comfy couch is upstairs or beside you LOL.  i workout at home but i have built up my basement and collection of things to the efficiency of an actual gym - treadmill, weight bench, resistence bands, stability ball, floor mats, mirrors etc. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)