Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Crossfit!!

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:52 PM
  • 18 Replies

So starting on Monday our YMCA is starting crossfit.

I am super excited to give this ago but they are charging extra for the classes.  I am trying to focus on my half marathon training but do need something else to keep my motivation going.

has anyone tried crossfit and liked it?

I want to go to one of the first classes so that I am in the same "newbie" position as everyone else - I get so intimated going to classes where everyone knows what they are doing :-)

by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Xfitmom
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:33 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm an avid crossfitter and have been since May of last year. I go 5-7 days a week and love it. The biggest thing I can tell you is have fun. Crossfitters are some of the most welcoming and supportive people I know. Please take the time to learn the movements and up your Omega 3 intake. Have fun and don't worry about being the new girl. Everyone had to start somewhere right?

asaffell
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:54 PM

Not my thing, but my sister does it and LOVES it.

Janaz5
by Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:57 PM
I'm probably going to sound like an idiot for asking, but here goes. What exactly is crossfit?

Quoting Xfitmom:

I'm an avid crossfitter and have been since May of last year. I go 5-7 days a week and love it. The biggest thing I can tell you is have fun. Crossfitters are some of the most welcoming and supportive people I know. Please take the time to learn the movements and up your Omega 3 intake. Have fun and don't worry about being the new girl. Everyone had to start somewhere right?

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Luv.My.Kidz
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:01 PM

Yikes... that seems like too much to me... I'm not looking to become a body builder... I'm looking to lose weight and tone.... that stuff looks like body builder lifestyle. Good Luck though.

MamaJessx3
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:20 PM
I'm a crossfitter! It's addicting! I go 3-5 days a week to my box and I also run. I love love LOVE crossfit though!! I can definitely say that my strength has improved by leaps and bounds since I've started and my overall fitness is just much better! I hope you love it as much as I do. I don't really see how a Y can have a full crossfit style gym because there's so much crazy equipment but hopefully they'll do ok with it.
MamaJessx3
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:22 PM
1 mom liked this
It's whatever you make it. I absolutely am not body building and I'm an avid crossfitter. If you want to tone there is absolutely nothing better than crossfit! It will whip your entire body into shape and you'll find muscles you never knew you had!

Quoting Luv.My.Kidz:

Yikes... that seems like too much to me... I'm not looking to become a body builder... I'm looking to lose weight and tone.... that stuff looks like body builder lifestyle. Good Luck though.

Lesgerm
by Leslie on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:24 AM
I'm jealous!!! I would love to start CrossFit but it isn't offered anywhere near me :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kiwimom74
by Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:32 AM

Our local Y is pretty big.... I believe they are dedicating one room for it but I might be wrong (sometimes that happens ..)

I am hoping to love it  - if I do and want unlimited classes it will be $50 a month and they offer them at lots of times.

I saw something on tv where this lady in her 70's was doing two classes a week and she was looking great!!! if she can do it there is no reason why I can't.

MamaJessx3
by Gold Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 7:39 AM
Absolutely! We have quite a few 60+ people at my box. Crossfit is for anyone!

Quoting kiwimom74:

Our local Y is pretty big.... I believe they are dedicating one room for it but I might be wrong (sometimes that happens ..)

I am hoping to love it  - if I do and want unlimited classes it will be $50 a month and they offer them at lots of times.

I saw something on tv where this lady in her 70's was doing two classes a week and she was looking great!!! if she can do it there is no reason why I can't.

Hunnybadgerkins
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 8:12 AM
1 mom liked this
Im a Crossfitter and I love it :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)