Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Hi!

Posted by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:45 AM
  • 8 Replies
1 mom liked this

My name is Danae and I am 27 years old. I have been married for 7 years and have a 6 year old son. I joined this group for support and inspiration. I desire to achieve a healthy weight to 1) be healthy and 2) be able to have more children. I stopped having cycles 3 years ago. This last year I finally got insurance and was able to go to the doctor and was diagnosed with PCOS (polycycstic ovary syndrome). Because I had gotten so big, my body could not regulate my hormones causing my testosterone levels to elevate. I lost 25 lbs and now have cycles around every 8-10 weeks. I am 5'3 and was 242. I am now 217. Though I did give in to depressive feelings for a few months, I have maintained my 25 lb loss. I have a goal of 150 (this is was a healthy weight for me). 25 down and 67 to go.

woohoo

It is neither safe nor prudent to do anything against conscience. My conscience is captive to the Word of God. -Martin Luther

by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Canonmomma
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:47 AM
1 mom liked this

You can do it :) Before I had my most recent baby I had went down from 230 to 145, it is possible.

mjgm1966
by Bronze Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 3:09 AM

25 down is awesome!  Sounds like you are headed in the right direction.  Do you have a plan in motion? 

Naegore
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:42 AM
Pretty much healthier diet and more exercise. I love dancing so I do a lot of Zumba and I want to try belly dance. I am changing my food choices a little at a time like grilling over frying and more veggies instead of foods like Mac and cheese.

Quoting mjgm1966:

25 down is awesome!  Sounds like you are headed in the right direction.  Do you have a plan in motion? 

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mjgm1966
by Bronze Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:03 AM
1 mom liked this

Great great plan! We've switched to grilling and baking over all our fried foods.  One of the biggest changes we made was cutting out ALL fast food.  Made a HUGE difference.  Keep going girl!  You'll see big results in no time. :)

frecklesthehen
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:01 AM
1 mom liked this

hi and welcome :)

Sounds like you have a plan in motion and are willing to make it work.

I can sympathize with you. My BFF wants to have babies too and she isnt cycling. She too was told to lose weight, and PCOS runs in her family.

Good luck losing the weight. Let us know if you have any specific questions. :)

(just not the "how do i lose weight" vague questions, those drive me nuts! lol)

Teresa

caterpilar
by Silver Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 12:20 PM
1 mom liked this
Welcome! This is my favorite group.

Our starting weights are kinda close and we are the same age. My starting weight was 258, I am 5'4. I lost 118 pounds but gained some back last year due to stress. I'm at 177 and working my butt off on losing again.

Good luck to you! You can do it! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cherylmoore
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:46 PM
1 mom liked this

Welcome. I too have pcos and went on metformin and lost 40 pounds to get pregnant. Gained 50 pounds with the pregnancy partly due to 6 weeks of bed rest.  Now my son Is 4 1/2 and I'm trying to lose the weight again.  I don't want another baby just want to be healthy for the one I have.  I started in October at 210, I'm 5'2". I am now at 199.  I want to get to 164 then decide how much more I want to lose from there.  You CAN do this.  Congrats on starting

Cheryl
married to Chris 10/18/06
mother to Nathan 6/21/08

mamaof3forlife
by Bronze Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:05 PM
1 mom liked this
Hi! Congrats on ur weightloss! I love Zumba :)

Quoting Naegore:

Pretty much healthier diet and more exercise. I love dancing so I do a lot of Zumba and I want to try belly dance. I am changing my food choices a little at a time like grilling over frying and more veggies instead of foods like Mac and cheese.

Quoting mjgm1966:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)