Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Jillian Michaels 30 day Shred

Posted by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 3:15 AM
  • 11 Replies

I am not very athletic,or coordinated for that matter,  but I see a lot of you talking about the Jillian Michaels 30 day shred.  I'm wondering if this is something that someone that is not very athletic can do.  Can someone tell me a little about this?

by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 3:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kristy95
by Bronze Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:17 AM
Im very sedentary and uncoordinated lol but 30 day shred Is easy enough for me, but hard enough to sweat and hurt the nect day :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Delta.Dawn
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:50 AM

Yes you can do this without being athletic. 

chrisnjoesmom
by Adrienne on Feb. 1, 2013 at 7:48 AM
I have never done it. But I am wondering if you work out already. If not I would start with something easier and once you mastered that I would try 30 day shred. Because I think too many people go from not working out to extreme workouts and that gives you more chances of hurting yourself.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mjgm1966
by Bronze Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:01 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't "work out" per say. :) I do walk on the treadmill at a pace of 3.5 to 4 mph.  And I try to do 3 miles at a time.  But, I'd really like to do something that would make more of an impact.  I've tried the Zumba--and even had the dog laughing! 

lovebugs_mom906
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:26 AM
I like 30 day shred. Like someone else said, it difficult enough for a newbie to make you sweat and hurt a little, but no so bad that you want to quit. I have 2 Jillian Michaels DVD's, P90X and Insanity. I starting small (Jillian Michaels) and working my way up. I really want to just jump into Insanity, but know that it will probably be too much for me at this point, and will quit.
iknitsweatersyo
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:44 AM
I wish i would have started small...i jumped into insanity and hurt my knee :(
Its starting to feel better and i just got 30 day shred today so im gonna start with that and work my way up.

Quoting lovebugs_mom906:

I like 30 day shred. Like someone else said, it difficult enough for a newbie to make you sweat and hurt a little, but no so bad that you want to quit. I have 2 Jillian Michaels DVD's, P90X and Insanity. I starting small (Jillian Michaels) and working my way up. I really want to just jump into Insanity, but know that it will probably be too much for me at this point, and will quit.

Tylersmom119
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:49 AM
OP I have considered 30 day shred too so I'll be watching your post, lol. Do you know how long the videos are? I usually can't get the kiddos to play without me for more than 20-30 min so completing a video is a struggle.
lovebugs_mom906
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:51 AM
They are about 20-25 minutes long, so they should work for you :-)

Quoting Tylersmom119:

OP I have considered 30 day shred too so I'll be watching your post, lol. Do you know how long the videos are? I usually can't get the kiddos to play without me for more than 20-30 min so completing a video is a struggle.
Tylersmom119
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:54 AM
Thanks! I just checked them out on amazon and I think I might get them. I'll just tell hubby it's my Vday present :)

Quoting lovebugs_mom906:

They are about 20-25 minutes long, so they should work for you :-)

Quoting Tylersmom119:

frecklesthehen
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:05 AM

i love the 30DS. i sweat my buns off tho, and im non-athletic and un-coordinated. just remember to not cheat and actually put effort into it. you get out what you put in. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)