Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Disinterest in food

Posted by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:01 AM
  • 20 Replies
I don't know what's wrong with me but this past week I have lost interest in good nothing seems appealing to me anymore I still get hungry, not very often, and find something to eat maybe I'm getting sick dont know. Believe me I know that when you eat less its really bad for losing weight and for your metabolism and I love food, so this sucks just wondering if anyone else has ever felt like this
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mrs.Ro
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:07 AM

instead of having no interest in food.. all i have craved is bread , pretzels and more or less carbs.. i can't stand it!

Brooked18
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:09 AM
Those were my favorite foods but I had a food allergy test done and I can't have wheat, gluten, or yeast as well as like 20 other things but those are the hardest syncs bread was my favorite thing!

Quoting Mrs.Ro:

instead of having no interest in food.. all i have craved is bread , pretzels and more or less carbs.. i can't stand it!

Mrs.Ro
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:12 AM

I have had the problem my whole life.. My mom used to say i could probably live off of carbs.

EvryDayIsMyBday
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:27 PM
1 mom liked this
I have the opposite problem. All I want to do is eat, I always feel hungry!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommadana
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:17 PM
1 mom liked this

I've been there when nothing sounds good so you take so long to figure out what sounds good, and then it's too late to eat.  So you skip that meal and wait for the next.  It may be your sense of smell, which impacts your taste buds.  You might put on a roast, or something in your slow cooker (if you have one) so you come home to a yummy smelling home.  Plan it out that way you know you are eating and getting your body fed, even if nothing sounds good.  It passes so you should be back to normal. 

Brooked18
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:23 PM
Thanks that's a good idea
michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Feb. 1, 2013 at 5:14 PM

What are you eating?  sometimes the foods you do eat (since you can't have foods with gluten) will satisfy all the nutritional needs your body has, and you won't feel interested in food.

cowgirlmama
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 5:33 PM
2 moms liked this

Cutting out majority of carbs from processed stuff, and getting carbs from non startchy veggies instead is going to cut down on your appetite, because your fuller, and your blood sugar and insulin isn't going crazy up and down anymore. 

Brooked18
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:18 PM
I didn't know that. U eat meat and veggies and occasionally I'm bad abc have ice cream but that isn't even tempting me this week. Ex yesterday I had a hard boiled egg for bfast, salad for lunch with homemade dress. ANC dinner my husband made homemade chicken fingers I had 2 and I was done. Today I had a lil more but I'm not hungry for dinner

Quoting cowgirlmama:

Cutting out majority of carbs from processed stuff, and getting carbs from non startchy veggies instead is going to cut down on your appetite, because your fuller, and your blood sugar and insulin isn't going crazy up and down anymore. 

Brooked18
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:26 PM
I didn't know that. U eat meat and veggies and occasionally I'm bad abc have ice cream but that isn't even tempting me this week. Ex yesterday I had a hard boiled egg for bfast, salad for lunch with homemade dress. ANC dinner my husband made homemade chicken fingers I had 2 and I was done. Today I had a lil more but I'm not hungry for dinner

Quoting cowgirlmama:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)