Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Today is the day

Posted by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:42 AM
  • 3 Replies
I need to lose this weight! I am 5ft4 around 224lbs and wear a size 16/18. I have back problems so I have been having a lot of nerve pain which I know is mostly caused by my weight. Today is the day I am joining a gym to help me take control. My problem is that I will only be able to go to the gym Fri-Sun because dh has the car for work the rest of the days. By the time dh gets home the gym is closed and our dd doesn't sleep through the night So I can't go before he goes to work because she may end up waking him up ( he's a horrible morning person). Any tips to help me the 4 days I can't go to the gym? I am horrible at motivating myself to workout at home.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
kary1124
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:55 AM

maybe find some workouts online that are fun so you'll want to workout.. thats what i do cause i dont have the money to join a gym. i love jennifer galardi's workouts.. she's got a 62 min ballet body workout that is really fun.. i also love the site sugarfit, they have a ton of different 10 min workouts

Silvertears1275
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:57 AM

You may find that after working out at the gym that you will have an easier time working out at home as well.  I don't really have any gym advice.... I only used the elliptical when I went.  But good luck!

Mrs.Burke11
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:59 AM
I hate the elliptical because it hurts my knee's. I like using the treadmill with a higher incline.

Quoting Silvertears1275:

You may find that after working out at the gym that you will have an easier time working out at home as well.  I don't really have any gym advice.... I only used the elliptical when I went.  But good luck!

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN