Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

One month in and having to dig a bit to keep motivated.

Posted by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 3:44 PM
  • 14 Replies

8) Life keeps getting in the way so I have to work a little bit to stay focused.

by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 3:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cherylmoore
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 3:54 PM
Just don't give up. Find one thing that is better now than a month ago and focus on that.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mem82
by Bronze Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:12 PM

LOL Well, I have skinnier ankles. XD

I'm solidly built so even though I've lost weight, that's the only place you can tell. It's a bit depressing.

Quoting cherylmoore:

Just don't give up. Find one thing that is better now than a month ago and focus on that.

triplet_2004
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 5:02 PM
2 moms liked this

That's an excellent start!!! So happy for you =) Skinny ankles rock!

mem82
by Bronze Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:00 PM

Thanks!! 8) 

Silvertears1275
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 8:22 AM
1 mom liked this

Life does that sometimes!  I remember noticing one day that my toes looked skinnier.  =)

emilyrosenj
by Bronze Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 8:25 AM

Life is always going to get in the way.  That's why you have to make eating healthy a part of your life! ;-)

CLEKate
by Bronze Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 8:27 AM

Everyone hits the wall at some point.  Some hit at 3 weeks, others at 5-6 (I am a 5-6er.)

When I hit, I take a couple of days "off' to regroup.  That's usually enough to do the trick--it allows me time to breath and relax without thinking or worrying about food choices and exercise.

Then I get back on plan.

You also have to remember: We never lose weight where we want to.  If we did, we'd all have nice big boobs and a flat stomach.  I personally found that I didn't notice the losses where I wanted for quite awhile...I had to be patient.  Then one day I woke up and realized that it had started to go from my problem spots.  Oh happy day!

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Feb. 2, 2013 at 8:29 AM
1 mom liked this

You can do this mama!!

mem82
by Bronze Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:00 PM
I kinda did this. We had a death in the family and Cub Scout events, along with a few other things this week. I concentrated more on portion control than worrying about what I ate so much. I still managed to at least maintain my weight loss.

Quoting CLEKate:

Everyone hits the wall at some point.  Some hit at 3 weeks, others at 5-6 (I am a 5-6er.)

When I hit, I take a couple of days "off' to regroup.  That's usually enough to do the trick--it allows me time to breath and relax without thinking or worrying about food choices and exercise.

Then I get back on plan.

You also have to remember: We never lose weight where we want to.  If we did, we'd all have nice big boobs and a flat stomach.  I personally found that I didn't notice the losses where I wanted for quite awhile...I had to be patient.  Then one day I woke up and realized that it had started to go from my problem spots.  Oh happy day!

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Xfitmom
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:54 PM

I workout to handle the difficulties of life. It helps me keep balanced.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN