Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

30 day shred vs p90x

Posted by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 3:59 PM
  • 21 Replies
I just bought 30 day shred today and I already have p90x. I can't decide which to do. I did one cycle of p90x already with ok results.

I hear rave reviews of 30 day shred and the same of p90x. Any recommendations? I'm also going to be running 3-4 days a week.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 3:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommadana
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:13 PM

Can I just say that the guy from P90X is WAY more annoying than Jillian Michaels.  She's real and down to earth.  He acts like he's on something, lol.  Maybe adrenaline or something.  I prefer listening to Jillian rather than Tony.  I have both so it's a personal preference

Dana    
ShannaBee
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:15 PM
I was wanting to get the 30 day shred.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lacilyn
by Bronze Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:21 PM
Target has it! At least in the store here they do.

Quoting ShannaBee:

I was wanting to get the 30 day shred.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lacilyn
by Bronze Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:23 PM
Lol yes I can't stand Tony! But I love the workouts. he's the only thing keeping me from doing it again. With 30 day shred, do you feel it like you do with p90x?

Quoting mommadana:

Can I just say that the guy from P90X is WAY more annoying than Jillian Michaels.  She's real and down to earth.  He acts like he's on something, lol.  Maybe adrenaline or something.  I prefer listening to Jillian rather than Tony.  I have both so it's a personal preference

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
VeggieRunnerMom
by Bronze Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:25 PM

Awww I <3 Tony!

The advantage of Shred to me is the little bit of time it takes :) 

aprilsalcro
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:27 PM
I totally agree with you !

Quoting mommadana:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mem82
by Bronze Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:35 PM

I want to try 30ds but how hard is it and how cordinated do you have to be? LOL Oh, and hard by average standards not I run with weight tied to my body standards. 8)

mommadana
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:35 PM

I feel it more with 30 day shred because she pushes me in a way that I don't want to mute the tv.  I also love her extreme shed and shred video.  it's 45 mins for each part and she gives variations of the move to make it easier or harder or regular.  He's the reason I did it for 2 weeks and was like ARGH!!!!

Quoting lacilyn:

Lol yes I can't stand Tony! But I love the workouts. he's the only thing keeping me from doing it again. With 30 day shred, do you feel it like you do with p90x?

Quoting mommadana:

Dana    
lacilyn
by Bronze Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 5:21 PM
Idk. I'm torn. I think I might try 30ds for the 30 days. Or at least two weeks to see how much I like it. I appreciate the advice ladies! I'll let yall know how it goes tonight!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Codysmom2106
by Bronze Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:41 PM

I like p90x cause everyday is something different. 30 day shred is basically the same thing over and over again. Yeah there are different levels but its the same workout every day. I don't mind Tony at all. Jillian annoys the hell outta me. Don't know why....she just does. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)