Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Gastric bypass: mth 1 of 6 pre-op lifestyle program

Posted by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:33 PM
  • 4 Replies

Many of you are gonna be quick to judge and think Im taking the easy way out of this but Im not posting for judgement or for negative comments so please just keep them to yourselves. I am posting to vent and record my long adventure and my ever changing feelings. I weighed in at 277 two days ago on my first visit. I cannot gain a single  lb. for six mths.. And I know if u can do it for 6 mths why even get it at the end all ?s ive been asking myself. I am 22 with a one yr old and i mean i dont live on easy street. I need to be happy I need to get my ass into gear and change my life bc my baby is the only thing that makes me smile, and I want to be healthy and happy for her. I doesnt matter how I got here or why but I am here now and i need to change it. This will be a tool to help me change my life forever and for the better. I have been researching the risks obsessively and the benefits. I am just gonna take these 6 mths and inform myself to the best of my ability and make my descision one i hope will be the best one for me. But for now Im gonna use this site to vent and keep track of my progress and hopefully I will get some positive reinforcement from you ladies out there, If not please just dont, i dont need anyone else telling me how messed I am or how i can do this and that bc this is for me I dont do too many things for me and I dont need to feel bad about it when i finally do. Look for some pictures and triumphs and struggles bc  I will keep myself if nobody else updated on this adventure.

by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
mem82
by Bronze Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:37 PM

Good luck!

Did the appointment give you an idea on how to start? Diet, exercise, whatever? I don't know anything about surgery.

triplet_2004
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:50 PM

I hope the best for you and your baby. Please keep posting on here so we can keep in touch.  I'd love to see your progress =) I too am just starting off.  I'm 5'7" at 232lbs with 2 girls and a husband. My goal is to change our lifestyle to a healthy one and make it stick!  I'm starting off with phasing our eating into clean food (whole foods) and getting a little exercise in everyday. Just bought an elliptical but still need to put it together. =)

roxysmommy
by Sarah on Feb. 1, 2013 at 5:13 PM

A friend of mine had gastric bypass several months ago and I really admire the changes she's made since her surgery. She didn't just let the surgery do the work for her, she used it as a tool to get her life back. She's an amazing woman and is now an avid crossfitter! Here is her site (she's a photographer as well, you might have to go through a few photography blog posts between her updates, she's at month 8 post-op) 

http://jmpny.com/2012/06/1-month-post-op-update-a-personal-story/

lacilyn
by Bronze Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 5:26 PM
congrats on taking the first step. Many women in my family have had gastric bypass, so no negativity here =D in fact one of my best friends had it almost a year ago, I think 2 more weeks will be a year.

congrats, either way. The first step is always the hardest.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)