Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Are you brave enough to post a picture of yours........?? **EDIT** added 2 pictures!

Posted by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 8:34 PM
  • 100 Replies
1 mom liked this

Do any of you ladies have a "mother's apron"? It is called this because it is the flap of loose/flabby skin that hangs over your c-section scars. Do you have any pictures of it? Care to post? I took some pics of my gut today just to see what it looked like and I am not too pleased but I know that diet and exercise will hopefully help it shrink some.

I looked online to find exercises I could while at my desk and I found a video on MSNBC that was really great! She suggested do pushups by placing your hands on the desk and doing push  ups. She also suggested doing paper clip pick ups *drop them on the floor and squat down to pick each one up* Lots of good info.

Trying to eat healthier as well. I went to McDonald's tonight and instead of getting my usual burger and fries, I got a Bacon Ranch Salad, a jug of 1% milk and 2 chocolate chip cookies (no I didn't need them but I was craving something sweet) I loggged my info on MFP which put my calories for the day at 990.

I am trying to cut out all sodas or at least down to once a week and not as much sweets. I will try to turn to music or poetry when I am stressed out because I'm an emotional eater.

EDIT: Here's my picture:

and this is what it looks like sucked in -----V

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 8:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Aloysious
by Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:32 PM

Sorry, I didn't have a c-section, so no scar to show.  But good job on making better food choices when you're on the go.  It's not easy passing up that steamy hot goodness!

I'm avoiding sodas and sweets too.  Or at least trying to work them into my calorie allotment for the day.  You really should eat more-they say not to go below 1200, because your body then goes into starvation mode.

good luck! 

http://www.quitbitching-getfit.com/::::::: Lose the excuses, Lose the weight!

SexyDiva19
by Silver Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:31 AM

Thanks. Yea it was hard because I ordered my son a sandwich and some fries. Thanks for the tips! For the day I believe it was about 1200 but I forgot to log my breakfast.

Quoting Aloysious:

Sorry, I didn't have a c-section, so no scar to show.  But good job on making better food choices when you're on the go.  It's not easy passing up that steamy hot goodness!

I'm avoiding sodas and sweets too.  Or at least trying to work them into my calorie allotment for the day.  You really should eat more-they say not to go below 1200, because your body then goes into starvation mode.

good luck! 

endurablemist
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 6:53 AM
I do have one, or maybe its just my gut in general I'm not sure. I am not brave enough to post pics though. Sorry. But I am pretty ashamed of what I let myself become.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
dlnimo
by Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 6:56 AM
I have one but I'm not brave enough to post pictures. The twins really made a mess of my stomach :(
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
itsm3
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 8:25 AM

you should see the giant cooler i bring to work filled with my whole day's worth of food.  i refuse to eat the garbage they call "food" at our downstairs restaurant.  i plan out my meals each saturday for the entire week, then shop for everything on sunday and make it sunday morning.  it's all packaged and waiting to go for the next 5 days so i just grab and go.

meal planning is essential to keeping bad snacking/eating at bay!

oh, i did'nt have a csection but i did have a muffin top before i lost the weight.  the midsection is all about proper eating and regular, intense exercise; it's also the hardest and longest to loose.  for me, it took me a good 8 or 9 months to finally get back to my flat stomach with muscle defintion/tone but for everywhere else, it took much less. 

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Feb. 2, 2013 at 8:31 AM
1 mom liked this

I definitely have what you are talking about...not taking pictures though!

Aloysious
by Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:02 PM

Don't be ashamed mama!  We all feel the same way-or did at some point.  Hell, I still struggle with what I look like now and what I used to look like.

You're here, and that means something!  This is the quote that finally freed me:

"Be miserable.  Or motivate yourself. Whatever has to be done, it's always your choice." -Wayne Dyer

Quoting endurablemist:

I do have one, or maybe its just my gut in general I'm not sure. I am not brave enough to post pics though. Sorry. But I am pretty ashamed of what I let myself become.

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Feb. 2, 2013 at 4:41 PM

I have one, too, but I think it's more from the weight I used to carry than from the c-section.

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

rockinmomto2
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 4:47 PM

I have one. It's from gaining too much weight while pregnant. I didn't have a c section, but it's still there.

SexyDiva19
by Silver Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 12:13 AM

Care/Dare to post a pic?

Quoting musicpisces:

I have one, too, but I think it's more from the weight I used to carry than from the c-section.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)