Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Are you brave enough to post a picture of yours........?? **EDIT** added 2 pictures!

Posted by   + Show Post

Do any of you ladies have a "mother's apron"? It is called this because it is the flap of loose/flabby skin that hangs over your c-section scars. Do you have any pictures of it? Care to post? I took some pics of my gut today just to see what it looked like and I am not too pleased but I know that diet and exercise will hopefully help it shrink some.

I looked online to find exercises I could while at my desk and I found a video on MSNBC that was really great! She suggested do pushups by placing your hands on the desk and doing push  ups. She also suggested doing paper clip pick ups *drop them on the floor and squat down to pick each one up* Lots of good info.

Trying to eat healthier as well. I went to McDonald's tonight and instead of getting my usual burger and fries, I got a Bacon Ranch Salad, a jug of 1% milk and 2 chocolate chip cookies (no I didn't need them but I was craving something sweet) I loggged my info on MFP which put my calories for the day at 990.

I am trying to cut out all sodas or at least down to once a week and not as much sweets. I will try to turn to music or poetry when I am stressed out because I'm an emotional eater.

EDIT: Here's my picture:

and this is what it looks like sucked in -----V

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 8:34 PM
Replies (91-100):
tairakittie
by Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 10:25 AM
1 mom liked this

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
caterpilar
by Silver Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 10:46 AM
1 mom liked this

I just took this a second ago. This is after 2 pregnancies, losing 118lbs, gaining back 50lbs and losing 14 pounds. My poor body has been through a lot!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
caterpilar
by Silver Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 10:48 AM
I think you look awesome! I wish my stomach looked like yours. :)

Quoting tairakittie:

Without flexing, 3 years and 40+ lbs lost.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
caterpilar
by Silver Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 10:56 AM

This is what it looked like last year after losing 116 pounds.

♥Pilar

mummyLauano
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 10:58 AM
my girlfriend too but 9months on.. tummy tucked from breastfeeding,, sit ups, 2 ltrs of water daily and healthy eating :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
caterpilar
by Silver Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:00 AM

You look great! 

Quoting mommyofblueyes:

I've never had a c-section, but I do have the "mommy pooch".  It doesn't look quiet as bad as it used to though.  I've lost like 15 lbs, and did (I say did because I've been slack) lot's of cardio, and strength training, lot's of water.  Wish I had a before pic!  My skin is a little uneven though, lol..

♥Pilar

tairakittie
by Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:21 AM
1 mom liked this

wow, you look awesome! What a great loss! :D

Quoting caterpilar:

This is what it looked like last year after losing 116 pounds.

tairakittie
by Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:27 AM

Thank you! its been a long road! You like my gallbladder removal scar at the top of my sternum? lol Im starting to really get into the whole "you are a tiger who earned her stripes" thing, that is my unborn baby blanket! it kept my babies safe in my belly, im starting to become friends with it... lol not to mention "its my flap, I can flap it if I want to!" ("Click" reference, such a sad, good movie!). I know if I ate a bit better, I would probably be able to lose the last bit of fat faster, but I just cant stick to a "no sweets, no junk" diet, I just make sure I try to keep sweets in moderation and avoid processed sugar and foods as often as possible, opt for organic instead, like organic cookies are any better than non-organic cookies... :P

Quoting caterpilar:

Quoting tairakittie:

caterpilar
by Silver Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:38 AM
Psh! You don't have any fat left to lose! I'm getting more comfortable with my body too. I feel lucky to have been able to carry two babies to term. I'm hoping that I will be proud of my body someday. I'm not quite there yet. My body and I are finally on speaking terms, that's good enough for now. ;)

P.S. Organic cookies with coffee is the best treat ever!!!

Quoting tairakittie:

Thank you! its been a long road! You like my gallbladder removal scar at the top of my sternum? lol Im starting to really get into the whole "you are a tiger who earned her stripes" thing, that is my unborn baby blanket! it kept my babies safe in my belly, im starting to become friends with it... lol not to mention "its my flap, I can flap it if I want to!" ("Click" reference, such a sad, good movie!). I know if I ate a bit better, I would probably be able to lose the last bit of fat faster, but I just cant stick to a "no sweets, no junk" diet, I just make sure I try to keep sweets in moderation and avoid processed sugar and foods as often as possible, opt for organic instead, like organic cookies are any better than non-organic cookies... :P

Quoting caterpilar:

Quoting tairakittie:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jendawgrox2004
by Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 6:21 PM

It doesn't look bad though, IMO.

Quoting SexyDiva19:

I know right? :( Its cool though. They are barely noticable now I just have the jiggly fat and a wrinkled belly lol

Quoting jendawgrox2004:

That's just unfair. only 5 weeks to go.

Quoting SexyDiva19:

Wish I had escaoed with no stretch marks :( I didn't get them until I was 30 weeks and then I had my son at 35 weeks. I was pissed lol

Quoting jendawgrox2004:

Yeah I don't really have any. Weird.

Quoting SexyDiva19:

OOOO No stretch marks :D Pretty.

Quoting jendawgrox2004:

I had mine before my C-Section. I think it's just from being overweight, not from a C-section. Here's two pics, from side and from front. And yes, I need to clean my bathroom mirror.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN