Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

New to Cafe Mom-ideas for not gaining too much weight pregnancy

Posted by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:49 PM
  • 6 Replies

Any ideas to help with excessive weight gain,.,.,.,//////////??????  During pregnancy?>?>?giving dad heart

by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
musicpisces
by Suzanne on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:24 PM
1 mom liked this

Welcome!

Are you active now?  Staying active is important.  Walking and swimming are generally safe for pregnant women unless advised otherwise.  If you've been active since before, you can generally continue activities you were already doing.  Just be sure to keep your heartrate below 140, because your body can overheat, which is dangerous to rapidly dividing cells (that are creating a baby). 

For food, be sure you're eating healthy foods.  You don't actually need many more calories while you're pregnant.  Here are the general guidelines:

First trimester- none

Second trimester- 300 extra

Third trimester- 450 extra (not in addition to the 300)

Breastfeeding- 500 extra

I hope that gives you some guidance!  =)

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

mrsledford09
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:25 PM
1 mom liked this
Walking helped me
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
aclovesdj
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:38 AM
1 mom liked this

You guys are so awesome.  I would wite more but trying to get to the gym before my meeting.....I have been having a hard time getting motivated to exercise like I did prior to getting r[pregnant.  I feel so uncomfortable...

Thanks ladies.  I am listening!

amonkeymom
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 5:24 PM
1 mom liked this

Welcome!  This is great advice. :)

Quoting musicpisces:

Welcome!

Are you active now?  Staying active is important.  Walking and swimming are generally safe for pregnant women unless advised otherwise.  If you've been active since before, you can generally continue activities you were already doing.  Just be sure to keep your heartrate below 140, because your body can overheat, which is dangerous to rapidly dividing cells (that are creating a baby). 

For food, be sure you're eating healthy foods.  You don't actually need many more calories while you're pregnant.  Here are the general guidelines:

First trimester- none

Second trimester- 300 extra

Third trimester- 450 extra (not in addition to the 300)

Breastfeeding- 500 extra

I hope that gives you some guidance!  =)

suzy810
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:54 PM
1 mom liked this

I am new here as I was looking for a place for new moms. Actually, being pregnant is really great. you may feel that you are treated like a new queen. Pampered with so much foods and now have the reason to be lazy.... (smile). However, as time progressess, I soon realize that I need to be healthy not just for me but most importantly for the baby. So, started to walk, lessen the sugars and carbs especially chocolates. Increase more veggies and drinking milk for expectant moms surely help.

aclovesdj
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:21 PM

Its hard because I cant seem to control my food intake sometimes and the discomfort of the added pounds makes it difficult to exercise.  I know I am just whining but I am struggling.  Thanks everyone so much for the help.  Today was a rough day but tomorrow can be much different...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN