Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Electric run is TOMORROW. Updated for pics after the run.

Posted by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:55 PM
  • 18 Replies
1 mom liked this

I'm finally getting excited over this run and I think I will be able to run at least half.  I have a neon yellow shirt, neon pink leg warmers and sweatband, and glow sticks in all the versions you could EVER imagine.  I can't wait to see what it is going to look like but I know I'm going to be very stylin tomorrow.  LOL I will get as many pictures as I can so I can post them sun.

Update: I ran the run and I am pretty sure I ran at least half.  I finished it in 47 min  Here are some pictures of the run.

This was the finish line

This is one of the people in my team.  She was quite bright.  LOL

I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three.

-Elayne Boosler

by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Silvertears1275
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:13 PM
1 mom liked this

Oooh, I wish we had that here!  Have fun!  Can't wait to see the pictures.

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:18 PM
1 mom liked this

Yay!  Have fun!

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

tanya_marieh
by Tanya on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:22 PM

I will.  On a side note you should have seen how excited I was over the bright pink leg warmers.  It was almost scary and I'm such a goofball that in my mind it will be hilarious. 

Quoting musicpisces:

Yay!  Have fun!

I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three.

-Elayne Boosler

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:24 PM

I'm the same way!

Quoting tanya_marieh:

I will.  On a side note you should have seen how excited I was over the bright pink leg warmers.  It was almost scary and I'm such a goofball that in my mind it will be hilarious. 

Quoting musicpisces:

Yay!  Have fun!

Suzanne

tanya_marieh
by Tanya on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:26 PM

You know if you ever do a run down here in san diego ever you are going to have to let me know.  I think we would get along fabulously.

Quoting musicpisces:

I'm the same way!

Quoting tanya_marieh:

Quoting musicpisces:

Yay!  Have fun!

-Elayne Boosler

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:33 PM
1 mom liked this

For sure!  I did my first half down there, the America's Finest City in 2011.  Good race.  I had friends who were doing the Triple Crown (La Jolla and Carlsbad, I believe, were the other two events).  I want to get down there anyway.  I miss it!

Quoting tanya_marieh:

You know if you ever do a run down here in san diego ever you are going to have to let me know.  I think we would get along fabulously.

Quoting musicpisces:

I'm the same way!

Quoting tanya_marieh:

Quoting musicpisces:

Yay!  Have fun!

Suzanne

tanya_marieh
by Tanya on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:51 PM

I'm hoping to do a mudd run of some kind this summer.  I just hope to find people who are crazy enough to do it with me.  I think I am going to do the coronado bay bridge run in may as well.

Quoting musicpisces:

For sure!  I did my first half down there, the America's Finest City in 2011.  Good race.  I had friends who were doing the Triple Crown (La Jolla and Carlsbad, I believe, were the other two events).  I want to get down there anyway.  I miss it!

Quoting tanya_marieh:

Quoting musicpisces:

I'm the same way!

Quoting tanya_marieh:

Quoting musicpisces:

Yay!  Have fun!

-Elayne Boosler

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:27 PM

Nice!  There are some good obstacle runs down there.  My nursing class is talking about doing one in San Jose in April.  It's for cervical cancer, so I suggested for our team name, "Nurses At Your Cervix."  =)

Quoting tanya_marieh:

I'm hoping to do a mudd run of some kind this summer.  I just hope to find people who are crazy enough to do it with me.  I think I am going to do the coronado bay bridge run in may as well.

Quoting musicpisces:

Quoting tanya_marieh:

Quoting musicpisces:

I'm the same way!

Quoting tanya_marieh:

Quoting musicpisces:

Yay!  Have fun!

Suzanne

tanya_marieh
by Tanya on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:39 PM

LOL I love the name it's very creative.  I hope to find a obstacle run that I can maybe do myself because the few people I know I'm pretty sure won't do them.  I would have a blast though.

Quoting musicpisces:

Nice!  There are some good obstacle runs down there.  My nursing class is talking about doing one in San Jose in April.  It's for cervical cancer, so I suggested for our team name, "Nurses At Your Cervix."  =)

Quoting tanya_marieh:

-Elayne Boosler

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Feb. 2, 2013 at 8:41 AM
1 mom liked this

Good luck and have fun mama!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN