Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Electric run is TOMORROW. Updated for pics after the run.

Posted by   + Show Post

I'm finally getting excited over this run and I think I will be able to run at least half.  I have a neon yellow shirt, neon pink leg warmers and sweatband, and glow sticks in all the versions you could EVER imagine.  I can't wait to see what it is going to look like but I know I'm going to be very stylin tomorrow.  LOL I will get as many pictures as I can so I can post them sun.

Update: I ran the run and I am pretty sure I ran at least half.  I finished it in 47 min  Here are some pictures of the run.

This was the finish line

This is one of the people in my team.  She was quite bright.  LOL

I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three.

-Elayne Boosler

by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:55 PM
Replies (11-18):
tanya_marieh
by Tanya on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:47 AM

Thank you and I will.

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Good luck and have fun mama!

I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three.

-Elayne Boosler

tanya_marieh
by Tanya on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:06 PM

Bump for update.

Hunnybadgerkins
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:07 PM
You look great! That looks like a fun race too :) I can't wait to dress up for st. Pattys day
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
tanya_marieh
by Tanya on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:10 PM

Thank you.  It was fun I just wish that they would have had a few more lights (even black lights) because the track wasn't very smooth and I almost took a few diggers because of the holes.  Part of it was on a horse racing track so there were quite a few holes.  Other than that it was a lot of fun.  There were 10,000 people signed up for it and it felt like it and made it a little hard to run as well.  I am definately going to do another fun run this year though but hopefully during the day.

Quoting Hunnybadgerkins:

You look great! That looks like a fun race too :) I can't wait to dress up for st. Pattys day

-Elayne Boosler

almondpigeon
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:10 PM

that's awesome!  i'm signing up for my first 5k in april & i'm hoping to be able to run most, if not all, of it.

tanya_marieh
by Tanya on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:12 PM
1 mom liked this

I think I ran about half I could have maybe ran a little more but it was PACKED and hard to get around all the walkers.  I hope you have fun at your 5K and I'm sure you will do well.

Quoting almondpigeon:

that's awesome!  i'm signing up for my first 5k in april & i'm hoping to be able to run most, if not all, of it.

-Elayne Boosler

Hunnybadgerkins
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:13 PM
Use a headlamp :) also you can get glow in the dark body paint, that doesn't help light you way but its fun to put on!

Quoting tanya_marieh:

Thank you.  It was fun I just wish that they would have had a few more lights (even black lights) because the track wasn't very smooth and I almost took a few diggers because of the holes.  Part of it was on a horse racing track so there were quite a few holes.  Other than that it was a lot of fun.  There were 10,000 people signed up for it and it felt like it and made it a little hard to run as well.  I am definately going to do another fun run this year though but hopefully during the day.

Quoting Hunnybadgerkins:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
tanya_marieh
by Tanya on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:15 PM

I should have we have a few head lamps but I didn't think it was going to be that dark through most of the run.  I almost ran to get the glow in the dark paint but didn't have much time because my oldest was sick. 

Quoting Hunnybadgerkins:

Use a headlamp :) also you can get glow in the dark body paint, that doesn't help light you way but its fun to put on!

Quoting tanya_marieh:

Quoting Hunnybadgerkins:

-Elayne Boosler

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)