Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

any vegans out there?

Posted by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:49 PM
  • 13 Replies
I've decided to be a daytime vegan. The only adjustment issue I'm having is feeling like I'm not getting enough "substance/fullness." Any tricks?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Feb. 2, 2013 at 8:39 AM

There are some in the group...bump!

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:37 AM

What's a daytime vegan?

MrsJoe125
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:50 AM

I have been doing approximately what you're describing.  The first week I was doing it, I was very strict.  I was satisfied on the fruits, veggies, beans, nuts, seeds, etc. (I don't do grains much).  I was surprised.

I saw an episode of Dr. Oz about "toxic hunger".  Feeling hungry eating like an average American is because your body isn't getting the nutrients it needs.  Eating what your body was created to will help you to only eat as much as it needs to.

marihla
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:47 PM
1 mom liked this
I eat like I normally would at dinner time, because I can't expect to impose a new lifestyle on my husband, but during the day I only eat plants.

Quoting michiganmom116:

What's a daytime vegan?

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:06 PM

Cooked dry beans will have you feeling full.  IMO, fresh or steamed veggies are a free food...eat as many of them as you want!  How about a homemade granola made with oats, wheat germ, coconut,  and nuts?  Top a baked sweet potato with the granola for a sweet, crunchy, yet filling lunch.

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:07 PM

Rice is filling.  Have some cooked rice for breakfast, topped with almond or coconut milk and some brown sugar.

marihla
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:17 PM
Good ideas, thank you. And yes, I get to gorge on veggies all day, just missing yogurt and cheese but I'm hoping that will pass.

Quoting michiganmom116:

Rice is filling.  Have some cooked rice for breakfast, topped with almond or coconut milk and some brown sugar.

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:28 PM

Your body may be craving the fat it needs.  How about taking a tablespoon or two of coconut oil with each meal?  You could also drizzle it over your breakfast or lunch...

Quoting marihla:

Good ideas, thank you. And yes, I get to gorge on veggies all day, just missing yogurt and cheese but I'm hoping that will pass.

Quoting michiganmom116:

marihla
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 2:11 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm willing to try that, I'll go pick some up, today!

Quoting michiganmom116:

Your body may be craving the fat it needs.  How about taking a tablespoon or two of coconut oil with each meal?  You could also drizzle it over your breakfast or lunch...

Quoting marihla:

Quoting michiganmom116:

MrsOssiander
by Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 2:51 PM

I've gone vegan :D  well almost still working on getting one more item out of my diet :D  I make the vegetarian food for dinner and meat on the side so my husband can have his meat!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)